AQS Lancaster Quilt Show Trip

Lunch with my fellow co-workers while at AQS Lancaster PA
Last week me and some of the girls I teach quilting to all took a field trip to the AQS Lancaster Quilt Show.  We had a great time.  We even had a little guy tag along at only 8 weeks old!  This is his third quilting adventure since he came to this show and two quilting classes.  We enjoyed showing each other our finds and left with lots of great ideas.  

I had entered a quilt into the contest but it didn't make it into the show.  I was disappointed but once I saw the quilts that made it into the show I saw why, they are amazing.  I worked 3 solid months on the quilt I entered but the ones we saw looked like they were worked on for years.  Below is a picture of the quilt I entered.  Maybe one day it will win an award but then I would have to get it back from our daughter!  I don't think that will happen easily because she loves it.  


close up view of hand quilting and bead work
Me with Sarah after her college graduation. 
For more pictures of the mexican window quilt I made for our daughter,  go here! 

Comments

Gene Black said…
I am glad your crew had such a fun time.
Dee said…
Oh how much fun and I'm sorry your beautiful quilt didn't make it in...shame on them! I still think it's utterly amazing and beautiful!

Well done!

Popular Posts