Designing a wool quilt

15" x 28"

It's time....time to plan a Graduation present for our daughter.  She will be graduating from PEACE COLLEGE in Raleigh NC this spring with a degree in Forensic Anthropology.  She is currently in the process of applying to a PhD program.     

She took this picture in Mexico and it was one of her favorite pictures from the trip!  I think it will be a beautiful quilt.  Hopefully this will remind her about her great time and of her success.    

How I did it.....I took the picture above and used photoshop to improve the clearness of the design.  I next cropped it and printed it into 6 (8.5 x 11) sheets, printed out the 6 separate pages and then taped them all together. 

Sarah in Mexico during her Junior year trip.

Comments

Pat said…
This looks like it will be a difficult quilt to make, but...I'm sure you are one who can pull it off nicely! I'll be interested to see photos of it as it progresses.
Nana B said…
Amazing Design! Congrats to your daughter and to you and you hubby. I even love the name of her school - Peace College.
Nana B said…
ps I need to remember to proof read
Gene Black said…
I have Mexico pictures like that too- but I have been afraid to try using them for quilt designs. LOL
Barb said…
This will be so awesome when you get it done....
Pokey said…
What a great idea! Cannot wait to see your wools ~
:-}pokey

Popular Posts