Friday, May 13, 2011

A PINK quilt for my Aunt Beth

On my design wall now....a pink quilt for my Aunt Beth who just had surgery on Monday for breast cancer.  I decided to make her a quilt in honor of her struggle but did not want it to be too much of a reminder of her breast cancer.  I added just enough ribbon and breast cancer fabrics to make my point but it is mainly PINK.  The background is a light pink KONA.  The pattern is going to be stacked coins and it will be a lap quilt.  It's a surprise MOLLY (her daughter, my cousin) so don't tell her!!!! 

close up

This is my mom, Aunt Beth in the middle
 and my Aunt Grier,
SISTERS

5 comments:

Loris said...

It will be beautiful! Love the charming fabrics all together. Prayers and blessings for your dear aunt. She is one to cherish!

Beverly said...

How sweet of you to make this quilt for your Aunt. She will love it. Not only for the pretty fabrics but for the love you sew into it.

Gene Black said...

The quilt is almost as lovely as your mom and her sisters!

sewmeow said...

What a great quilt this will be for her. I love the picture of the 3 sisters. I relate, as I have two older sisters too....and we had a professional picture taken of us three a couple yrs. ago. Prayers for your Auntie.

MCW said...

I promise I won't tell her, but she does read your blog every once in awhile! Ha

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails