Thursday, May 5, 2011

Home at last


Hi everyone, just got back from my conference in St. Louis and met lots of great people.  It was a long 5 days but filled of wonderful ideas for making out unit more family friendly.  The conference was given by IPFCC or The Institute for Patient and Family Centered Care. 


Union Station St. Louis Marriott



Yep!  Pinning a quilt while at the conference! 
You caught me!

It was Sunday and I arrived at 10:30 am and registration wasn't until 4pm.  After lunch I went to the front desk to ask for a large table and the set me up in the closed dining room.  What a great beautiful space to pin my quilt!  I quilted every night after the conference.  I had busy days followed by relaxing nights by myself.  It was wonderful and resting.  This one is being hand quilted so you won't see it for a while.  Maybe I will share once I quilt one square. 

6 comments:

Barb said...

How clever, got some quilting time in....!!

julieQ said...

OH, love that quilt you are basting!!! NTI is also this week, our AACN conference...hope you had fun!

Gene Black said...

I got a kick out of you working on the quilt in the dining room at the hotel. We artists sometimes go outside the normal conventions to get our "work" done.

Kathie said...

that quilt is beautiful
ok I have never tried that before, basting a quilt at a hotel, good for you
glad you were able to do that and stitch while you were there.
Kathie

Dee said...

Wanted to tell you how proud I am of you for all the weight you've lost and kept off. What an inspiration!...and I love your "new" sewing space!

Can I come and play there too? lol

Pat said...

I'm loving that quilt and am glad you got a picture of you working on it there.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails