Monday, February 7, 2011

Quilt Cookies


My friend Eileen S. gave me this wonderful gift!  She made cookies to match my quilt.  Last year I taught a quilting class to several to my fellow RN coworkers.  I choose to teach a sampler quilt, one that I had made a few years back.  Below is my quilt I made and used as a demonstration during the class.  Her thank you to me was making these wonderful cookies, one to match each square!  I was overwhelmed with surprise and awe at this amazing gift.  Such talent!  I was afraid to eat them they were so pretty but when I did they were as good as they looked!  Maybe now she needs to TEACH ME cookie decorating! 

My quilt from 2005





















Amazing!  Thanks Eileen!

19 comments:

Barb said...

That is sooooooooooo amazing....what a talent and how clever!!! Are they good??? They look scrumptous.

Gene Black said...

That is the most clever idea I have seen! Can you imagine getting a quilt and matching cookies as a gift?
Then you could "have your quilt and eat it too." LOL

Joanne Lendaro said...

Very cool!! I wouldn't have wanted to eat them either! She did a fantastic job!

Gene is too funny...

Deanna said...

What a wonderful idea, and a great friend.

KaHolly said...

I am in awe! Don't think I could have eaten them!!

Pokey said...

How neat is that? Talent comes in all mediums, that girl is very clever! How sweet (pun intended)!
:-}pokey

Blue Ridge Mountains said...

I'm impressed

Debbie said...

Eileen is so skilled and talented. What a good friend! Just wondering, what is this doing for your diet! :):)

Loris said...

The cookies are adorable...or were! I bet they were delish. Very cute thank you gift!
The sampler quilt is beautiful! What a great thing to do for your friends.

MCW said...

That is really impressive!

kikiverde said...

Both the quilt and the cookies are lovely! What a nice thank you gesture from your friend!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

That is amazing....you have a very special friend there Steph...

Dee said...

What an awesome compliment and gift!

9patchnurse said...

Those cookies are amazing! I like the quilt too.

marina said...

a lovely quilt!! I just think those cookies are divine, and they say quilters can be obsessive!
Can't get over those cookies lol.

Sand and Sunshine said...

Wow those took real talent! That's a thank you I could get used to!

Muddling Through said...

Those cookies are AMAZING! And of course your quilt is, too. Just beautiful.

Chris said...

Wow - what talent!

John'aLee said...

Oh those cookies are to die for! I can't imagine all of the time that must have went in to them.
Great quilt too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails