Snowball Quilt finished!


This quilt is for me!  I am not giving this one away to family or friends.  I tend to do that alot but this time I wanted to keep one!  This one got started in April at the AQS Quilting festival in Paducah KY in a Kaffe Fasset class.  It took me quite some time to get it finished because it is HAND QUILTED by me!  I hope everyone has a Happy New Year and that this quilt brings you color and spring into your cold winter weather!  






I decided to put a patch on the back to remind me years later about my class with Kaffe Fassett at the AQS in Paducah Kentucky!  It was here he helped me design my "Cheeky Quilt".  I had to look up what it meant in the dictionary since I think it's a english term.  It means:  saucy, audacious, bold. That's me!  LOL  I simply wanted a bold quilt with great colors from Kaffe Fassett and some of my other favorite designers.
 



 


close ups of my hand quilting


top half view

Comments

Stephanie said…
Bright and happy. The hand quilting really give it nice texture. Congratulation on a beautiful finish just for you! Happy New Year.
elsie123 said…
Oh my! Just to have finished the piecing in less than one year is phenomenal, but to do all that hand quilting as well???? It would take me a lifetime. ;) Very nice.
Jackie said…
Stephanie, I remember when you went to take this class with him! I was definitely turning green then. The quilt is a definite... WOW!! I love it and am so glad that you are keeping it for yourself. It will serve as a great memory of your class with Kaffe. Happy New Year!
quiltalina said…
Wonderfully happy quilt and your label is just about the coolest I've ever seen.
Dee said…
Hope you're feeling better!

Glad that the quilt is finished. It's stunning and cheeky is an awesome description!

Love the label!
WOW hand quilted! It looks great. You deserve to keep this one :-)
Oh, I love your "Cheeky Quilt"!!! It is just perfect...bright sunshine for these frozen winter days! What a treasure! You have my admiration...hand quilted too!!! WOW!
John'aLee said…
Beautiful quilt!
I was at Paducah last year. I wonder if I met you. I was a vendor down in the small room on the main floor. If not...stop by this year. I'd love to meet you.
Vesuviusmama said…
Great texture and colors! I love it! I also love that you finished piecing AND hand quilting in less than a year! Enjoy!
Loris said…
Gorgeous! What a great finish for the year too. The colors are bright, wonderful and very Kaffe. What a great way to mark such a fun memory for you as well.
Happy New Year!
Shasta said…
Congratulations - it is beautiful. Love the pink binding!
Pat said…
GREAT job on the hand-quilting, Steph!!! Are you feeling any better yet?
marina said…
A great finish!
Your Christmas day looked wonderful. Good to hear that you are all better.
Wishing you good health for the New Year.
Diane said…
Oh my goodness! Its gorgeous! Lovely, wonderous... and all those other words too! This is a tresure.
Stephanie, it is BEAUTIFUL!!! And I don't blame you - I'd keep it, too. You did a great job on the quilt and the quilting. It is gorgeous.
Pokey said…
It's a pretty amazing finish, with the great memory of taking the class with Kaffe, too. I do L.O.V.E. it. And it is done! I'd be sleeping under it tonight, are you?
:-}pokey
Lesly said…
Wow, Stephanie, that quilt is so gorgeous! It looks just like a candy store! And your quilting is so good - what a great finish! Not to mention the label - that's inspired!

Popular Posts