Kevin has chest pain...

Kevin in the ER yesterday, always with a smile!

Yes, not that we needed anymore stress in our lifes but yesterday my husband had chest pain and had to go the ER for evaluation.  It couldn't be stress could it?  Not that we have anything going on in our lives...three kids in college, mother-in-law living in the dining room, wife who works way too much.  Well, after some tests in the ER and an abnormal EKG, they admitted him to the CCU for monitoring and a Nucleur Medicine Stress Test this morning. He is no longer having pain which is a great thing.  I came home to sleep at 1 am this morning and he just called me at 7:30 am to say he was already taken to Nucleur Medicine for the test which lasts 3 hrs.  Hopefully he gets a clean bill of health but I will keep everyone posted.  He is the love of my life and I pray everything is fine and this is simply a wake up call to us.  We have been trying to lose weight but I think this will make it more of a necessity now.   

Kevin, my love.

Thursday evening UPDATE:  Kevin is feeling better, no more chest pain.  Tests did not show blockages and his heart seems strong, just some arrythmias (abnormal EKG).  They think it's from stress so they have put him on a sedative to see if that helps.  If his EKG normalizes and he does not have chest pain tonight, he can come home tomorrow, just in time for Christmas!  Thanks for all the support and emails! 

Comments

Vesuviusmama said…
You and Kevin are in my thoughts and prayers! Keep us posted!
KaHolly said…
I hope everything turns out okay! Will be thinking of you throughout the day until you post more news!! Good luck, karen
Millie said…
I hope Keven is feeling better. We will be thinking of you and him and hope you will soon have good news.
Debbie said…
I wish Kevin a full and speedy recovery, Stephanie. Happy holidays to the whole family.
Nicole said…
Oh my goodness, could the timing be any worse? Like you said, once everything turns out to be ok, look at the event as a wake up call to adopt healthier ways in the new year. I will be sending positive thoughts your way.
Pokey said…
Having JUST gone through this very thing with my Larry, please know we are holding you in prayer! It doesn't matter about anything else, just that he is better, and quick. I'll be thinking of you all, pokey
Greg said…
sending good thoughts and prayers to you and Kevin..
John'aLee said…
Oh I hope he is okay. Yesterday I read a post from my blogger friend (Fiber Fabrications)...telling how she woke up called out for her husband and then went in the living room and found him dead from a heart attack in his lounge chair. Devastating! You did the right thing by going to the ER. It's hard to change our way of life...but so worth it when it comes to our health. I will be thinking of you guys.
Hope he's out for Christmas!
Pat said…
Oh, Steph.....you surely didn't need this to happen but I'm glad you got him to the ER right away. Be sure to take care of yourself, too....between caring for mom and now Kevin having a health emergency, you can't let yourself get rundown, ya know? I wish I lived in your area to help...at least to sit with your mom for a bit while you are with Kevin. It's good the kids are all home right now, though, as they can help with things so you don't get totally worn out.
Sending up prayers for a quick recovery, blessed Christmas and uneventful new year! May the corners on your quilt not matching be your biggest concern in the new year! :-)
Micki said…
Hope everything goes well for Kevin and he is felling better. My prayers go with you both.
Micki
Hope all goes well with the tests. Thankfully he recognized the signs and told someone. Keep us informed.
ohiofarmgirl said…
My BIL just had heart by-pass surgery last week and is home and doing well....don't fear it! Blessings, Dianntha
Trish said…
Hope all goes well with the tests. You are both in my thoughts and prayers! Take care

Popular Posts