Wednesday Weigh-In Week 23


Welcome to Wednesday Weigh-In Week 23
All are welcome to join the fun!

OVER 300 POUNDS LOST BY OUR GROUP!
Our group has lost a total of 314.4 lbs in 22 weeks!

Here are the results this week's weight loss and the running totals:
(updated as comments arrive)

Me -1 lb; -14 lbs total
Kevin -16 lbs total
Chris -2.4 lbs; -12.8 lbs total
JulieQ -8 lbs total
Deanna - 1 lb; -17 lbs total
Pat -10 lbs total
Cathy -6.5 lbs total
Helen -10.7 lbs total
Kim D -9.2 lbs total
Barb -14.2 lbs total
Jamie K -4.5 lbs total
Linda B -5.5 lbs total
Katie Q -3.5 lbs total
Tonya -6 lbs total
Barb (DD) -1 lb total
Marianne -22.5 lbs total
Diane -13.4 lbs total
Judy -4 lbs total
Linda P -10 lbs total
Bunny -0.5 lbs; -8.5 lb total
Laura -7 lbs total
Nicole -5 lbs total
Susan -2 lbs total
Rita -8.5 lbs total
Steph D -2 lbs; -27.6 lbs total
Pamela (Keeb.) - 11 lbs total
Pamela K -1.2 lbs; 2.6 lbs
Pamela E -4 lbs
Janice -16 total
Becky -7 lbs total

This member has reached their weight loss goal:
Micki -30.5 lbs total! (see this member's profile here)

Let me know your weekly totals and I will update the post with this weeks numbers.
So far we have lost a total of 8.1 lbs this week and 322.5 lbs in 23 weeks!


MEMBER SPOTLIGHT


Tell me about your family (married, kids, pets)
I am happily married to the love of my life. We have been married since high school (32 years). I have 3 children (sons) and 10.3 grandchildren. They bring lots of love and drama to my life.

Where did you grow up and where do live now?
I grew up in Gainesville, FL and now live outside Tallahassee, FL in a small town called Crawfordville. We love small town life and have been here 24 years.

How long have you been blogging and what made you decide to do it?
I have had a blog for 7 months, but have not yet gotten the blogging habit ingrained. I am working on it. My problem is that I dont like to blog without pictures, but I forget to take the pictures. It is a habit I am trying to develop, I saw a friend who had made a coffee table book out of her blogs for the past few years and I thought it was such a great way to chronicle your thoughts and life to look back on it. I would like to have my blogs to look back on later and share with my friends and family, and also to share my quilting addiction with other quilters.

What is your crafty talent? When did you start doing your craft?
I am a quilter. My husband says I give them all away, so I am working on several that will stay at home. I work full time so I don't have as much time to sew as I would like. I have been known to be late for work because I got caught up working on a quilt. So I grab odd moments to quilt.

Tell us a little about your weight changes and why you joined the WWI group.
I have lost 19lbs, I am trying to lose a total of 100lb, but I try not to think about that number much. Actually I try not to think about the numbers at all, but about putting good food in my mouth and moving everyday. But like everyone struggling with their weight, sometimes you can get a little obsessive about the numbers.

Tell us your favorite, daily blog reads.
I love to read blogs and do most of mine through googlereader. I love "The Peacock Fairy" She is a jewelry maker. But my maiden name is Peacock so I love all things peacock. I also love the "Quilter Blogs" It grabs lots of quilters who blog. I have about 200 blogs per day in my reader and manage to get through most of them. That's how I wind down from my day.

Tell us anything else you would like to share!
I am going on vacation to the mountains next week and should have wonderful pictures to share, so check out my blog.

Comments

Dogmom Diva said…
Hi Steph, nice to meet Janice! I will visit her blog..Ugh I got on the scale today after not being on it for a while, up 4 lb. UGH. I was gone for 3 weeks to my sister's and then last week to my son and DIL. I need to get to weight watchers very soon next payday. No more messing around with this chubbiness..I don't even know who I am when I look in the mirror:( I am actually a couple lbs above what I was when I started here because I had lost a couple of pounds. Drats again!

Barb
Helen said…
Hi Steph and all!

Well, MH and I are finally back on track at the gym - so I weighed myself and was pleased to see no gain but no loss. I walked again today (round and round the tennis court!) and will do so again tomorrow. I think more movement is what I need! I was extremely good today, we stopped at a McDonalds for coffee/food and I chose the salad:-)))

As we head into our summer, I really need to see some weight loss - those swimsuits tell all!!
Pat said…
Still holding steady but I need to get into a daily habit of walking......and seem to have trouble doing that. *sigh*
Cheryll said…
Keep up the good work. The weight loss group is doing really well.
:)
Bunny said…
Nice to meet you Janice. Love visiting everyone's blog. I finally lost another .5 pound. It has been a struggle the last couple of weeks but I kept focused on my cruise we will be going on in Feb. Hope everyone has a great week. I won't be here with you next week am going to Montreal with my daughter by train. If I decide to take my laptop I will check in with you all. Hugs.
Dee said…
Congratulations to the group! What an accomplishment!
Hi Janice! 19 out of 100 is great so far so keep at it.

I am in WW and one of the things they remind me of is to set little goals. 5% of original total, then 10%, etc. It makes it so much more manageable and frankly, I look forward to hitting the milestones.

Anyway, nice to meet you. Enjoy your vacation.
Deanna said…
Down one for me for a total of 17. It took three weeks to lose that pound, but slow is so much better than not at all.

Very nice to meet you Janice. One pound at a time is the only way to lose weight, no matter what your long term goal is. And, every pound does make a difference. Pound Nineteen feels just as good as Pound Ninety-nine will. Congratulations on your success so far.
Stephanie D. said…
Nice to get to know you, Janice! I can identify with the 100lb goal--I started with a goal of 119lb. And I don't want to ever have to lose those pounds again!

I'm back on track this week, but need to start exercising soon. Down 2lbs this week; total of 27.6 pounds lost.
Janice said…
Gained 3 lbs on my vacation. So I am at 16 lbs lost total, but got home and got back on track so next week I should be back down again.

I hope everyone will stop by my blog and see the wonderful pictures from my trip. The Fall colors in N GA and TN were wonderful and 6 days without internet and cell service were even better. But I missed reading my blogs.
Micki said…
Wonderful interview! Nice to see most on track, and keep the faith if you are not quite there.
Micki
Chris said…
Hello Janice - Nice to meet you!

Weighed in at WW. I'm 2.4 lbs. lighter than last week. Got my "5-lb." sticker AND a "bravo" for bringing a WW recipe to a potluck, and posting the points.

"Way to Go!" to those who lost weight. "Keep the Faith!" to those who gained or stayed the same. We shall overcome! :)
Stephanie said…
Way to go everyone! I am so proud of all us. Thanks to Janice for sharing about herself.
Kim D. said…
Hi Stephanie! Thanks for introducing us to Janice. Nice to meet you Janice, I will stop by your blog for a visit. It's always fun to meet new to me bloggers.

Popular Posts