Wednesday Weigh-In Week 20


Welcome to Wednesday Weigh-In Week 20
All are welcome to join the fun!

Our group has lost a total of 271 lbs in 19 weeks!

Here are the results this week's weight loss and the running totals:
(updated as comments arrive)
Me -1 lb; -12 lbs total
Kevin - 1 lb; -16 lbs total
Chris -7 lbs total   (see this members profile here)
JulieQ -2 lbs; -8 lbs total
Deanna -1 lb; -16 lbs total (see this members profile here)
Pat -10 lbs total
Cathy -6.5 lbs total
Helen -10.7 lbs total (see this member's profile here)
Kim D -1.4 lbs; -9.2 lbs total
Barb -14.2 lbs total! (see this member's profile here)
Jamie K -4.5 lbs total
Linda B -5.5 lbs total
Katie Q -3.5 lbs total
Tonya -6 lbs total (see this member's profile below)
Barb (DD) -1 lb total
Marianne -22.5 lbs total
Diane -13.4 lbs total (see this member's profile here)
Judy -4 lbs total
Linda P -10 lbs total
Bunny -1.5 lbs; -8 lb total
Laura -7 lbs total
Nicole -5 lbs total (see this member's profile here)
Susan -2 lbs total
Rita -8.5 lbs total
Steph D -4.8 lbs; -24.6 lbs total (see this member's profile here)
Pamela (keebler) - 11 lbs total
Pamela K -1.4 lbs!
Pamela E - 1 lb, -4 lbs    (see this member's profile below)
Janice -3 lbs, -17 total  (new member, see her blog here)
Becky -5 lbs total (new member, see her blog here)

These members have reached their weight loss goal:
Micki -30.5 lbs total! (see this member's profile here)

Let me know your weekly totals and I will update the post with this weeks numbers.
So far we have lost a total of -23.1 lbs this week and 304 lbs in 20 weeks!  

I CHALLENGED US TO HIT 300 POUNDS
and we did it this week!

This week Sarah and two friends come to visit from college.  I am really hopping for a great weather weekend.  We might actually go to FRIGHT NIGHT at Six Flags on Saturday night.  Maybe I can walk around Six Flags and lose some weight!  We get a discount through my work. 

Everyone have a great week.  Below is one of our newest members introducing herself. 

MEMBER SPOTLIGHT
Pamela  Edblom
Las Vegas, Nevada

Pamela and Dave

Tell me about your family (married, kids, pets)

Dave and I have been married for 15 years. We met through a personal ad Dave ran in a local paper where we lived. We got married in Sturgis, South Dakota, during the motorcycle rally in 1994. Dave has kids and grandkids from a previous marriage. I have no children. We currently don't have a pet, but have been discussing getting a dog again.

Where did you grow up and where do live now?
I was born in Superior, Wisconsin, and grew up in Coon Rapids (a suburb of Minneapolis), Minnesota. Dave and I have lived in Las Vegas, Nevada, for seven years.

How long have you been blogging and what made you decide to do it?
I don't have a blog.

What is your crafty talent? When did you start doing your craft?
Growing up, my mother taught me to sew and knit, and I did that for some time. However, there was a period in my life that I was busy with other things and wasn't spending time on any crafty hobby. I finally decided that it was time to start a new hobby. My MIL introduced me to quilting about 12 years ago, when she asked me to take a series of beginner quilting classes with her, and have been doing it ever since.

Tell us a little about your weight changes and why you joined the WWI group.
I've always had somewhat of a struggle with my weight (partly heriditary, I guess). When I was younger, I could lose weight pretty easily. Now, being in my 50s, I've found that losing weight isn't as easy as it once was. My form of exercise is our treadmill or walking/jogging at a local park.

Tell us your favorite, daily blog reads. My favorites right now are: Sister's Choice, Heather Mulder Peterson, Camille Roskelley, pamkittymorning, gudrun's world, wiquilter, and The Pioneer Woman.

Thanks to Pamela for sharing herself with us! 

Comments

julieQ said…
What a nice new member! Glad to meet you! I have lost 2 pounds this week...yahoo! Good luck to everyone!
Tonya said…
it's great to meet you Pamela....I think i'm up a few pounds again....ahhh well......
quiltingnana said…
congrats on all the weight losses...
Pat said…
I'm still staying the same but I've not had a chance to do much walking...which I had hoped to be doing once the weather got cooler. THEN...we had it get too cool too quickly and it was mixed with lots of drizzling and some outright downpours, so...not good walking weather at all.
Stephanie said…
I lost 1 pound and Kevin lost 1 pound too. I wanted to tell Pamela that David's eyes are great...true blue! Nice getting to know you and your family. Be prepared, you might get some visitors to Las Vegas from the WWI group.
Dogmom Diva said…
Hi Pamela, nice to meet you too...I live not too far from you in the palm springs area..glad our summer is coming to an end.! Ialso find that losing weight of any kind in my 50's is nearly impossible..
Have a great day!

Barb
Nicole said…
Nice to meet you Pamela!
This week I have faced the scale and see that I am up three pounds.....
jparker@fsu.edu said…
I have lost -3 lbs this week for a total of 17.
Bunny said…
Nice to get to know you Pamela. Welcome. This week I dropped 1.5 pounds yipeee............. Good luck to everyone. Loss or no loss just keep on track. Hugs
Stephanie D. said…
Nice to meet you, Pamela! Nice love story, too.

Well, I made up for the puny loss last week--I'm down another 4.8 pounds for a total of 24.6 lbs lost.

We celebrated our anniversary by going to Olive Garden, but I stood firm: had the herb-grilled salmon with broccoli (which was awesome, btw), lots of salad, NO breadsticks, and took 4 teeny bites of hubby's white chocolate rasberry cheesecake before dumping my fork into his breadstick creamy dipping sauce so I wouldn't eat any more.

Living in the real word sure can be tough on the diet. I SO wanted pasta!
Hi, I'm Becky. I was first recommended to say hello back in Aug. by Rita and Chris. I meant to then it slipped by, as did my efforts. I lost 5 lbs from then to today but I'm focused and re-energized again. Unless you read today's blogpost, in which case, you might think me a strange sort of energized. :)

Anyway, I'd like to pop in and add my name to those reporting in on success (see how I said that all positively?) if that's alright?

Good job on all the successful efforts to date which have been posted!
Deanna said…
Another little one pound for me this week. That makes 16 in all. It is so encouraging to see the scales move, even if slowly.
Chris said…
Hi There. On Tuesday it looked like I had lost 2.5 of the 3 pounds I'd regained. Today that darned scale went right back to where it was on Monday. Tomorrow is my first Weight Watchers meeting!
KatieQ said…
Welcome Pamela! Unfortunately, I gained a pound this week.
Micki said…
Pamela,
What a nice interview and welcome to the group!
Micki

Popular Posts