Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Wednesday Weigh-In Week 17


Welcome to Wednesday Weigh-In Week 17
All are welcome to join in the fun!

Last week we lost a total of 4.5 lbs
 for a total of 230.6 lbs in 16 weeks!

Here are the results this week's weight loss and the running totals:
(updated as comments arrive)

Me -2 lbs; -11 lbs total
Kevin -3 lbs; -15 lbs total (he is beating me!  LOL)
Chris -7 lbs total (see this member's profile here)
JulieQ -6 lbs total
Deanna -1 lb; -13 lbs total ~ see this members profile below
Pat -0 lbs; -9 lbs total
Cathy -6.5 lbs total
Helen -2.2 lbs; -10.7 lbs total (see this member's profile here)
Kim D -7 total
Barb -0 lbs; -13.2 lbs total! (see this member's profile here)
Jamie K -4.5 lbs total
Linda B -5.5 lbs total
Katie Q -0 lbs; -3.5 lbs total
Tonya -0 lbs; -6 lbs total (see this member's profile below)
Barb (DD) -1 lb total
Marianne -0 lbs; -22 lbs total
Diane -13.4 lbs total (see this member's profile here)
Judy -4 lbs total
Linda P -0 lbs; -10 lbs total
Bunny -1.5 lbs; -6 lb total
Laura -7 lbs total
Nicole -0 lbs; -8 lbs total (see this member's profile here)
Susan -0 lbs; -2 lbs total
Rita -1 lb; -8.5 lbs total
Stephanie D -0 lbs; -13 lbs total (see this member's profile here)
Pamela Keiffer  ~  welcome new member!

The following member have reached their weight loss goal:
Micki -2 lbs; 30.5 lbs total! (see this member's profile here)

Let me know your weekly totals and I will update the post with this weeks numbers.
So far we have lost a total of 12.2 lbs and 232.8 lbs in 17 weeks!

MEMBER SPOTLIGHT
Deanna Treadway
Wedding Dress Blue

Tell me about your family (married, kids, pets)
I am married (15 years) to a good man who is patient with the changes in our lives. He married a young business executive and has a middle aged mom/housewife. Lucky me. Poor him. He came with two sons who are now 29 and 25 and both married. We have two children together. Son, 12 and Daughter, 10.

Deanna's "Wedding Dress Blue"
April 1995

Where did you grow up and where do live now?
I grew up in Colorado, took a side trip through Georgia to get my husband and now reside in northern Utah.

How long have you been blogging and what made you decide to do it?
I have been blogging at weddingdressblue.wordpress.com nearly four months. Everyone else looked like they were having fun, and a few people were very encouraging to me, so I decided to give it a try. I am pleased and surprised that a number of people stop by regularly and are kind enough to comment, offering suggestions and basically giving me a reason to keep writing.

What is your crafty talent? When did you start doing your craft?
I don't know about "talent" but I started quilting 12 years ago when we had an exchange student (first of three) living with us. She fell in love with American Quilts and wanted to make one. Without knowing exactly what we were getting into I said, "Sure." So we picked out a pattern and went fabric shopping. I do not have a picture of that quilt, but it is queen size and made out of Sawtooth Stars less than 6" across. Yes, I know. Not your ideal first quilt. I had sewn a little and she not at all and I was pregnant and....I guess that made it a perfect time to learn to piece a quilt. As the student has put it, "Each star may not be perfect, but the whole thing was made with perfect love."

This is Deanna's first quilt. 
It was finished in the early summer of 1998
for her exchange student from Germany 


Tell us a little about your weight changes and why you joined the WWI group.
I have never been thin. I'm just not built that way. As a younger person I really struggled with eating and body image and a whole bunch of junk.

Earlier this year I finally decided that, at 41, I am approximately half-way through life. I want to live the rest of it free of the baggage (and the weight). The WWI group started about the same time and it seemed like a good idea. My original goal was 20 pounds and I am over half-way. While I admire those of you who chart multiple pounds each week, I have given myself a year to lose this 20 pounds, which isn't very long compared to all my life before this and the years yet to come. My goal is to only have to lose each of these pounds ONCE and then get on with my life. So far the weight I have lost has made formerly tight clothes much more comfortable and I am getting back into some things that had become marginal the past year or two.

Tell us your favorite, daily blog reads.
Favorites? That doesn't seem fair. There are a lot of good ones out there. But, specifically for weight loss/food/eating issues I read http://healthygirl.org/ It has really helped me and might give someone else a few good ideas.

Tell us anything else you would like to share!
Next to getting my weight under control, I have two big goals in crafting: to learn to design quilts (which I am actively working on) and learning to sew and alter clothing for me. I have sewn for my children quite a bit, but very little for myself . A little more knowledge of patterns and alterations would help me enjoy my emerging shape more.

Thanks to Deanna for sharing her story with us!



15 comments:

Nicole said...

It is a miracle, but I managed to stay the same this week, in spite of having houseguests and a family wedding! The next pound that I lose will be a big breakthrough, so I am determined to see it happen next week.

Stephanie D. said...

Nice to meet you, Deanna!

Congrats to all "losers" this week!

Welcome to Pamela!

My scales are wonky--it's giving me a range of 1 pound more to 1.5 pounds less. It won't register a 5lb bag of flour, and if I get on the scales with the flour, it registers me as 7-8 pounds more than without it.

So I'm going to estimate and say I stayed the same until I can get a new scale.

Tonya said...

no loss for me yaahhhhh....uggghhh

way to go for all the losers

Bunny said...

Nice to know you Deanna love your story. I lost 1.5 this week so hopefully with the new program I bought it will help me keep on track. Congrats to all the losers and way to go for some who stayed the same.

KatieQ said...

Thanks Deanna for sharing your story. I stayed the same this week, but came to a discovery about why I wasn't losing. It's really embarrassing that I didn't realize this before.

My husband and I are both retired so we usually spend a significant amount of time together. Before the summer, we ate lunch on our own except for Friday's when he makes my favorite tuna salad. Over the summer, we got into the habit of eating lunch together everyday. My trim husband has chips with his lunch everyday. Without even realizing it, I fell into the habit of having chips with my lunch also. Instead of my usual yogurt or salad, I ate whatever he had (usually a sandwich).
DUH!!! What was I thinking! It didn't even occur to me until yesterday when we sat down to lunch. It might not be rocket science, but I think this discovery will make a huge difference. Even though I was being careful about what I ate at lunch and dinner, I had actually added to my caloric intake at lunch without really thinking about it.
Wait until next week and see if my numbers improve.

Deanna said...

Stephanie, thanks for the kind spotlight. I lost ONE MORE this week for a total of 13. I have discovered that small changes make a big difference. It is easy to put off exercise or eating changes because the total is SO BIG, but a little at a time, change is happening.

To everyone in the group, thanks for your support and kind comments. Together we can do this.

Rita E said...

Way to go, Deanna, for being more than half-way to your weight loss goal! I have a whole lotta weight to lose, but I'm working on losing my first 20 lbs. So I'm so happy to lose another 1 pound this week. Yes, small changes do make a difference!

Cheryll said...

It's nice to be able to say...
"go you losers..GO!"
All the best and keep up the good work!
:)

Helen said...

At last! the scales have moved!! As of Monday - down 2.2 pounds (our 1 Kg) could even be a bit more but no gym on Wednesday and no gym again this coming Friday, then away for a week of R & R with lots of walking so I won't have an update until the week after!
I really started WATCHING what I was eating and saying definite NO's to anything offered to me that I know full well will be no good for me! I found once you practice saying NO, it gets easier every time you say it! I also cut out extra bread and cereals and feel just so much better for it!
Thanks to everyone for their wonderful support!

Barb said...

Great scoop on Deanna, she is an amazing person and friend.

Stephanie, I will really give it a whole hearted try to lose weight. Everyone is doing awesome!

Diana said...

Congrats to all!!!

Chris said...

Am doing well in the activity department, which is a breakthrough. Even though I feel slimmer and trimmer, my bathroom scale didn't get the memo. Maybe next week! :)

Micki said...

Wonderful meeting you Deanna, and you have the right attitude for sure.
It was wonderful to reach my goal, and now I will make sure that I maintain the loss.
Micki

Kim D. said...

Nice to meet you, Deanna! Your star quilt is gorgeous, amazing that it's your first quilt. Such ambition. :)

SheilaC said...

I finally get to see the blue wedding dress!!

It is beautiful, as I knew it would be!

Congrats on your continued weight loss success

SheilaC

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails