Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Wednesday Weigh-In Week 15


Welcome to our Wednesday Weigh-In Week 15
All are welcome to join us!

Last week the group lost a total of 18 lbs
That is 192 lbs in 14 weeks!!!

This is me now down 9 pounds!  Vacation this week
made it hard to loose weight but so far no gain.
Vacation thru the 11th.  I am trying to be good
and gets lots of activity! 

Kevin lost 3 pounds last week and 3 pounds this week!
His back has been bothering him again and
now he is more motivated than ever to loose it!

Way to go husband! Down 6 lbs in 2 weeks!
15 pounds lost in 15 weeks! 

Here are the results this week's weight loss and the running totals:
(updated as comments arrive)

Me -0 lb; -9 lbs total
Kevin - 3 lbs; -15 lbs total
Chris -1 lb, -7 lbs total (see this member's profile here)
JulieQ -6 lbs total
Deanna -11 lbs total
Pat -2 lbs; -10 lbs total
Cathy -6.5 lbs total
Helen -8.5 lbs total (see this member's profile here)
Kim D -0.8 lbs; -7 total
Barb -13.2 lbs total! (see this member's profile here)
Micki -2 lbs; -26.5 lbs total! (see this member's profile here)
Jamie K -4.5 lbs total
Linda B -5.5 lbs total
Katie Q -3.5 lbs total
Tonya -6 lbs total (see this member's profile below)
Barb (DD) -1 lb total
Marianne -2.5 lbs, -21 lbs total
Diane -13.4 lbs total (see this member's profile here)
Judy -4 lbs total
Linda P -0.5 lbs; -10 lbs total
Bunny -2 lbs, -4.5 lb total
Laura -7 lbs total
Nicole -3 lbs; -8 lbs total (see this member's profile below)
Susan -2 lbs total
Rita -0.5 lbs; -7 lbs total
Stephanie D -4.5 lbs, -12 lbs total

Let me know your weekly totals and I will update the post with this weeks numbers. 

So far we have lost a total of 14 lbs this week,
totaling 206 lbs in 15 weeks!

MEMBER SPOTLIGHT
Nicole from Sister’s Choice Quilts


Tell me about your family (married, kids, pets)
I am blessed with a large family. There are around 24 of us who get together every Sunday for a traditional Sunday Dinner. My four sisters and their husbands, many nieces and nephews and cousins love to gather together regularly. We never seem to get tired of each others company! This tradition was started by my mother many years ago, and has continued through an entire generation of grandchildren. My immediate family consists of my husband, to whom I have been married for over 40 years, and our two grown children. My son is completing his Masters degree at Cal Poly and plans to move to Ireland in January to be with the love of his life. My daughter is married to a winemaker, and lives near Murphy's, CA, where she manages an olive oil/balsamic vinegar shop. I have two crazy Welsh Terriers, Ozzie and Sophie, who keep me hopping.

Where did you grow up and where do live now?
I grew up in Palo Alto, CA. My father was a professor at Stanford University, and I loved living in a college town. My husband and I moved to the Monterey Bay area of California about seven years ago, and enjoy the climate and beautiful sights along the coast. We have an idea that we will move closer to our daughter and her husband once they start a family.

How long have you been blogging and what made you decide to do it?
I started blogging in February 2007. My sister had started a blog called Under a Blue Moon, and had met some really lovely people who shared her interest in interior design. My daughter also had a food and life style blog called The Winemaker's Wife, which was also inspiring to me. My passion is quilting, so I spent about three months browsing quilting blogs, where I met some like minded people myself. One quilt blogger was very encouraging to me to start up my own blog, so with my sister and daughter's help, Sister's Choice Quilts was born. Blogging has enriched my life so much, I can't recommend it highly enough! I typically blog five times a week, Monday through Friday, and have developed a little following. I have traveled to Seattle, WA to meet my first blogging friend Lisa (Stashmaster), where we took a class from our favorite quilt designer Carrie Nelson (Miss Rosie's Quilt Co.). As a result of meeting Carrie, both Lisa and I have ended up doing some sewing for her for some patterns and a new book she has written. That has to be the most exciting development that has arisen from my blogging! This September, I will travel to Chicago to meet up with Lisa again, and two new blogging friends--Thelma (Cupcakes 'n' Daisies) and Allyson (Fat Cat Quilts). The purpose of the trip (other than to meet each other) is again, to take a couple of Carrie Nelson's classes. The rewards of blogging are tremendous!

What is your crafty talent? When did you start doing your craft?
My craft is quilting--or to be precise--I enjoy patchwork. I have been sewing since I was a girl of about 14. My mom and my grandmother helped me make a little calico shift dress which I just about wore out wearing. During high school and college, most every item in my closet was something I had constructed myself. In the 80's, I was bitten hard by the quilting bug, and have been making quilts ever since. No more garment sewing though! No time for that! I have probably made over 100 quilts, and can't see getting tired of the process ever.



Tell us a little about your weight changes and why you joined the WWI group.
I am one of those women whose weight has gone up and down, up and down, her entire life. I swear I have lost the same 20 pounds ten times! The year before my daughter got married, the two of us joined Weight Watchers together and I lost nearly 30 pounds by the time of her wedding. I was so proud of myself and my beautiful daughter! Over the past three years, some of the weight has crept back on (both of us!). I attribute my weight gain to some uncertainties in my life (husband losing job, me changing jobs, being alone during the week and having unhealthy eating habits etc etc).

I just started a part time job at a women's clothing store, and have a wonderful discount I can use on clothes. I want to look stylish, and the extra 15 pounds I have gained is not doing my "look" any favors. I recently posted on my need for a diet and the overwhelming response of my readers was that Weight Watchers can not be beaten as a successful and healthy way to drop pounds. My friend Thelma put me in touch with Stephanie, who is hosting this Wednesday Weigh In, and I couldn't wait to join up!

I have also joined the Weight Watchers Online program, so all the points and weight tracking features are available to me. And all those great recipes as well! I am especially looking forward to the support I will get from this Wednesday group and all the lovely people I will meet on this journey.

Tell us your favorite, daily blog reads.
Oh goodness, there are so many. I read all my friend's blogs: Cupcakes 'n' Daisies, Fat Cat Quilts, Stashmaster, La Vie en Rosie, Under a Blue Moon, The Winemaker's Wife. Plus, I can't miss A Quilting Life, Pink Pincushion, The Pioneer Woman, Blackberry Creek.....I could go on and on. For links to all my favorites, check out the side bar on my blog site http://sisterschoicequilts.typepad.com/

Tell us anything else you would like to share!
I am really looking forward to losing weight and sharing success stories with all the participants in the Wednesday Weigh In group. Thanks Stephanie!

11 comments:

Bunny said...

Way to go Stephanie no gain on your vacation and brovo to your hubby. Have a nice restful time together. Loved reading about Nicole her quilts are amazing. So nice to get to know her. I sure will check out her blog.

Yipeeeeee I lost 2 pounds this week. I nearly fell over when I got on the scale this morning. It sure has been a struggle, but I guess I do not have to tell you all about that. LOL. Good luck everyone.

Pat said...

Nice interview with Nicole. I have stayed exactly the same since last week. I had hoped I might have dropped a pound since I've not been feeling well since late Monday, but...I guess staying the same is better than gaining...right? LOL

Stephanie D. said...

Hope you're having a great time on your vacation! And it's wonderful that neither of you have gained while leisuring!

Nice to read more about you, Nicole. I know what it means to bounce those same pounds around.

I'm down 4.5 pounds this week. I started Phase 2, so the weight loss will begin to slow down. But it feels good to be able to breathe in my own clothes now!

Myra said...

I popped in from blogging friend Pat's blog...
What a wonderful weight-loss support group you've got there!!! Good for you all! I raise my glass to you, and wish you all much success!!! 8-)

Loris said...

Great work by your group. DH and I are hoping to join in the effort soon too. Love reading your Member Spotlight.

Diane said...

Nice job Stephanie. Loved Nicole's quilts and learning about her.

I am stuck in a rut but hang'n in with nothing up, nothing down.

Rita E said...

Congrats to you and Kevin! It's a great motivator to have your hubby join you in your weight loss program. Enjoyed reading about Nicole and her quilts are beautiful! BTW, I lost 1/2 pound this week ... hooray!

Deanna said...

A big YAY to Bunny and Stephanie and Rita and all you other losers out there. Well done.

I am the same. But, wow, down 11 is so much more than I have previously accomplished. It is a great feeling. It sounds a little gross, but this morning I was talking with my husband and grabbed a can of shortening (3 lbs) and said "I have lost three of these." "Almost 4," he replied. It really puts it in perspective. Every pound makes a difference and slow and steady will prevail.

Chris said...

Hooray, hooray! I lost one pound. Have walked about 5 miles almost every day. Gotta keep it up - it's good for the body and soul! Looking forward to reading everyone's comments! :)

Helen said...

Finally hit the gym this week - weighed myself on the normal scales (not the ones that tell ALL) and I was so surprised to find not a huge upwards trend! Just a slight gain from the last time I weighed in. So no loss to report but at least I'm back on track again! The weather is warming up here now so much nicer for walking!

Well done to everyone!
Have a great day!

Nicole said...

I lost three pounds! SO EXCITED!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails