Thursday, September 16, 2010

Johns Hopkins Shooting ~ the craziest day at work in 25 years!

The Johns Hopkins Hospital

Yes, I was there... working at Johns Hopkins Hospital at the time of the shooting.  I work in the NICU (Neonatal Intensive Care Unit) which is adjacent to the Nelson building where the shooting took place.  We got word swiftly via our paging system and immediately our unit was secured.  No one entered or left for 3 hrs during the event.  Our am proud at how well our leaders handled the situation.  Our Nurse Manage was keeping our NICU parents at ease and no one was worried about our own safety.  All we could do was pray for the Doctor who was shot by the gunman.

Needless to say the day was eventful and now the most memorable to date in my 25 year career at Johns Hopkins.  Please keep everyone involved in this in your prayers!  Here is a news brief on the shooting. 


Hoping to sew this evening and tomorrow, not working again until Saturday night.  Tomorrow night I will be randomly picking a winner of my Anniversary Blogging Giveaway.   

11 comments:

Nancy said...

I wondered about you when I heard the news..so sad...

Blue Ridge Mountains said...

I was sorry to hear about the shooting at your hospital. Fortunately it was not any worse than it was. There are so many crazies in the world today.

Dawn said...

Stephanie, I'm glad you are safe! We just never know when harm can come our way.

MCW said...

Scary...need to read more details about it! Hope the Dr is ok...

Cheryll said...

How scary to go to work and have that happen! Glad to hear you are OK though.
:)

Pat said...

I am glad you and all the patients are okay. Sad about the gunman killing his mother, though. I can't pretend to be sad that he turned the gun on himself...probably saved a lot of taxpayer money by doing that. *sigh*

julieQ said...

I too wondered if you were OK...glad you and the babies were OK. Wow, that is just crazy!!

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

Glad to hear you are all safe.

keebler1962@gmail.com said...

I am sure everyone feels crazy today. I would freak out. I work at a university and they send out emails and text alerts when things happen on or around campus. We have never had anything quite like that. Just a car jacking on a road close to campus a few months ago. Glad you are safe.

Chris said...

Stephanie,

So glad you, the little ones and their parents are all OK. Unbelievably sad.

Loris said...

Glad you are okay and that JHU handled things so well.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails