Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Wednesday Weigh-In Week 14


Welcome to our Wednesday Weigh-In Week 14
All are welcome to join us!

Last week the group lost a total of 17 lbs ~
That totals just over 174 lbs in 13 weeks!

Here are the results this week's weight loss and the running totals:
(updated as comments arrive)

Me  -1 lb; -9 lbs total
Kevin - 3 lbs; -12 lbs total
Chris -6 lbs total         (see this member's profile here)
JulieQ -0 lbs -6 lbs total
Deanna -1 lb; -11 lbs total
Pat -2 lb; -10 lbs total
Cathy -6.5 lbs total
Helen -8.5 lbs total    (see this member's profile here)
Kim D -1.2 lbs; -6.4 total
Barb -0 lbs; -13.2 lbs total!  (see this member's profile here)
Micki -2 lbs; -24.5 lbs total! (see this member's profile here)
Jamie K -4.5 lbs total
Linda B -5.5 lbs total
Katie Q -0.5 lbs; -3.5 lbs total
Tonya -6 lbs total   (see this member's profile below)
Barb (DD) -1 lb total
Marianne -4 lbs; -18.5 lbs total
Diane -13.4 lbs total (see this member's profile here)
Judy -4 lbs total
Linda P -0.5 lbs; -9.5 lbs total
Bunny -1 lb; -2.5 lb total
Laura -7 lbs total
Nicole -5 lbs total
Susan - 1 lb; -2 lbs total
Rita +2.5 lbs; -6.5 lbs total
Stephanie D -7.5 lbs total

Let me know your weekly totals and I will update the post with this weeks numbers,
So far we have lost 18 lbs this week. That is 192 lbs in 14 weeks!


MEMBER SPOTLIGHT
Tonya from Tonya's Sewing Room



Tell me about your family (married, kids, pets)

I'm married to TJ, we have a 9 year old son I like to call E. We have 4 aquatic turtles.

Where did you grow up and where do live now?

I grew up in Lincolnton, NC and currently live in between Boone & Wilkesboro, NC. We live on top of a mountain and have a great view.

How long have you been blogging and what made you decide to do it?

I've been blogging since 2007, but really got into blogging in 2008 when I was layed off from a full time position in Corporate Accounting. I've met so many great blogging friends from all over. I wanted to blog in the hopes that someone else would see my work and like it as much as I do. I still hope blogging will lead to some other small opportunity's.

What is your crafty talent?

Sewing would be my crafty talent. Although, I have a huge collection of Capri Sun Juice items I sell on Ebay & Etsy. Talk about going green.


When did you start doing your craft?

How I got started sewing............I've always wanted a sewing machine for as long as I can remember. In 2005 I asked my in-laws for a sewing machine for Christmas. I got it, and so much more. I got everything I needed to start sewing and man did I start!  I wanted to start 5 different things and not finish anything. Every time I got a new pattern or kit, I wanted to start it. No matter where I was on the current project. It didn't even matter that I had to change thread, make new bobbins and cut new patterns. I wanted to see if I could make a go of sewing. Even though it's a huge hobby for me, I wanted my quilts and items to be present worthy. I say present, because I give most of my stuff away for gifts. I've even donated a few quilts for auctions or raffles.


Much has changed since 2005 and those first days and months of sewing. I now will finish a project before starting something new. Well, not exactly. I had boxes and boxes of un-finished projects in my closet. I was laid off from my accounting job in June of (2008). I had tons of free time on my hands and thought I would get all that un-finished stuff out and complete it all. I would like for you all to know, it's all complete.



I am a self/book taught sewer/quilter. I've never taken a sewing or quilting class. No one in my family sews or quilts. I don't even know anyone that sews or quilts. So, there's no one to help me, when I get stumped. That's when I turn to the internet. I know I'll eventually find what I'm looking for out there. With that said, I have no idea where I got my love for sewing and quilting. It is a passion!!


Tell us a little about your weight changes and why you joined the WWI group.

uggghhh......this could be awhile..I really thought joining WWI and seeing everyone progress would help me to loose. NOT......i'm still hanging in there, I haven't fully given up, but I do find it hard to let you know every week that I "still" haven't lost a thing. Other than those first 6 lbs. Not to blame my health, but it is horrible and so, so hard for me to loose weight. I'm here though, still hanging, if only by a small tattered thread.

Tell us your favorite, daily blog reads.

I have so, so many. I'm not sure I could pick a few favorites.

Tell us anything else you would like to share!

You can "like" my facebook page for my sewing things
www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pages/Purlear-NC/Tonyas-Sewing-Room/111860318827304

~~Tonya, thanks for sharing yourself with us!  I love getting to know each of you just a little bit better! 

14 comments:

Pat said...

YAY, Tonya....waving to you and clapping for the photos of all the WONDERFUL things you showed along with your post! You are an amazing quilter to have done so much without having a class or a quilt guild to help you along!!! Keep up the good work, my friend.

Tonya's Sewing Room said...

oh thanks so much Pat and to Stephanie for posting me this week, I didn't loose at all last week.

Cobblestone Creations said...

Lovely to meet you Tonya. :)

Big fat goose egg for me this week. :(

Terriaw said...

You go Stephanie! Looks like you continue to do well with this. I loved reading Tonyas profile. Love her juice box bags - very clever and original. Hang in there Tonya!

Bunny said...

Nice to meet you Tonya. I lost 1 pound this week, had a bad week no excersise had to have a cortisone shot in my shoulder. Hopefully back to normal by Friday whatever normal is. LOL

Vesuviusmama said...

Congrats to you, Steph, for losing another pound (I think I am "finding" all the pounds you lose because I seem to be slowly, but steadily, gaining!), and congrats to Tonya for hanging in there! Weight loss isn't easy, and it happens (or doesn't) to all of us at our own pace. Thanks for sharing!

Pat said...

Oh...I posted about Tonya's interview but forgot to post about my week. I actually LOST 2 lbs. I think that is because I was trying to keep up with the energy level of our 6-year-old granddaughter who was visiting. Now...some might say to keep her around if I can lose 2 lbs. a week when she stays with us, but I don't have enough energy to do that!!! LOL

Deanna said...

Tonya shared such wonderful things! That black and white bag is my favorite.

I have lost one more little pound this week. That makes me -11 since the beginning. Nine to go until my goal weight.

Kim D. said...

Nice to get to know you better Tonya. Love those juice bags and the b/w bag is adorable. Hang in there, eating healthy is hard work. My friend told me to think about it this way lose 1 lb a month and you lose 12 lbs a year. Cutting back just a little at a time helps me. You go girl we know you can do it!!

Hi Stephanie, Good job on the weight loss. I lost 1.4 lbs this week so I've lost a total of 6.2 lbs. I wish I could attribute it to my hard work, but in actuality I got some kind of food poisoning. I couldn't eat at all one day and I was queasy for 3 days, but I'm better now. Maybe I can keep it off this week. Thanks again for keeping us going.

Rita E said...

Nice to meet you Tonya ... hang in there with the rest of us ... tomorrow is another day! Love your family picture and I do so admire you for being self-taught and creating such beautiful items ... I'm impressed! And congrats to Pat for her 2-lb loss ... btw, you can send your GD over to me! Unfortunately, I gained 2.5 lbs this week and posted about it on my blog. I'm just going to "keep on truckin'"!

Stephanie D. said...

Will read more later--just signing in. Do I have to post my starting weight?

julieQ said...

What a wonderful post about Tonya! I am stuck...not losing...just lack of inertia here...I must get going! Just maintaining...

Micki said...

Tonya,
Don't lose faith! I am sure that you will lose some weight. You are so super talented, and it was lovely to see some of your work.
I enjoyed seeing your family pic!
Micki

Stephanie said...

I am so proud of everybody! It is so exciting to see how you guys are doing. We are almost to 200 pounds as a group! WOW, that is way over anything I could have imagined when I started this. You guys rock! Steph

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails