Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Wednesday Weigh-In Week 13


Welcome to our Wednesday Weigh-In Week 13
All are welcome to join us!

Last week the group lost a total of 5 lbs ~
That totals 148.2 lbs in 12 weeks!

Here are the results this week: (updated as comments arrive)

Me -8 lbs total weight loss
Kevin -9 lbs total
Chris -0 lbs; -6 lbs total (see this member's profile here)
JulieQ - 1 lb; -6 lbs total
Deanna -10 lbs total
Pat -1 lb; -8 lbs total
Cathy -6.5 lbs total
Helen -8.5 lbs total  (see this member's profile below)
Kim D -0.2 lbs; -4.8 total
Barb -0 lbs; -13.2 lbs total !!! (see this member's profile here)
Micki - 1 lb; -22.5 lbs total !!!!! (see this member's profile here)
Jamie K -4.5 lbs total
Linda B -5.5 lbs total
Dobco -0 lbs total
Katie Q -3 lbs total
Tonya -0 lbs; -6 lbs total
Barb (DD) -1 lb total
Marianne -2.5 lbs; -14.5 lbs total!!
Diane -0 lbs; -13.4 lbs total (see this member's profile here)
Judy -4 lbs total
Linda P  -1 lb; -9 lbs total
Bunny -0 lbs; -1.5 lb total
Laura -1.5 lbs; -7 lbs total
Nicole -1 lb; -5 lbs total
Susan -0 lbs; -1 lbs in two weeks!
Rita -7.5 lbs this week, -9 lbs in just two weeks!!!!

Let me know your weekly totals and I will update the post with this weeks numbers,
So far we have lost 16 lbs 12 oz this week.  That is 174 lbs 4 oz lbs in 13 weeks!  We are kicking some fat around!   LOL

MEMBER SPOTLIGHT
Helen from Aunt Henny's

This picture was taken on a girl's weekend at the Gold Coast

1.  Tell me about your family (married, kids, pets)
I'm married to Fred (25 years last December), we have one boy who is 16 - Matthew. The only "pet" we have is our visiting Kookaburra, who we have nicknamed Spike.

2.  Where did you grow up and where do live now?
I was born and raised in Brisbane which is the capital city of Queensland, Australia. I had never travelled until I met my husband. Following our marriage we lived in Papua New Guinea and American Samoa. We have been all over the Pacific on holidays. On our return from Samoa, we settled back in Brisbane (we owned our home prior to our departing for PNG). Once Matt was born we needed a larger home, so we built our "Queenslander" style home up in the hills in the leafy suburb of Bardon which is quite near Brisbane CBD.

3.  How long have you been blogging and what made you decide to do it?
I celebrate my 1st anniversary of blogging on August 21st! Wow, I had better get a give-a-way arranged! I decided to have my own blog as I enjoyed reading other people's blogs and I enjoy working on the computer (in the "old" days I was a shorthand / typist!!) plus my husband says I can talk under wet cement so I just transferred this skill onto my blog!!! I love sewing and like to share any knowledge I have with others plus I also learn so much from bloggers!

4.  What is your crafty talent? When did you start doing your craft?
Crafty talent?.. hmmmmm - I have always enjoyed embroidery (my Grandmother taught me plus we also did sewing at school when we were young), also enjoyed doing fabric painting for a time (everybody I knew back then has at least one pillowcase with their name on it!!). It was in Papua New Guinea that I first saw quilting and then in Samoa I was very fortunate to have a dear friend who taught me how to hand piece and quilt. I also went through the phase of making fabric covered photo frames (it was BIG in the 80's)!! I can make my own skirts and I love to make shorts and tee shirt sets for the little people in my life. I do a lot of applique now too. My first love at present is machine piecing and quilting - I try and do a little of both every day! Now instead of pillowcases with their name on, my friends and relatives get quilts!!

Turtle Wall Hanging
 She made for her friends in Samoa

Flanders Field
She made this quilt for her Dad's RSL club

5.  Tell us a little about your weight changes and why you joined the WWI group.
I looked in the mirror one day and thought "you had better get this under control". Fred and I have been going to the gym since last October but had not seen a lot of movement on the scales. WWI came along just when I needed it! It's a lot easier when you have to tell yourself "NO, don't eat that - think of WWI !!" My best friend and I told each other when we were about 18 ... "tell me when I'm looking fat" ... we laugh now, as neither of us said anything and then suddenly we were over 50 and that horrible 50's fat fairy had struck!!

6.  Tell us your favorite, daily blog reads.
Oh gosh! I love them all.... I honestly have a huge list I check! I always like to check in to "The Selvage Blog" and "True Blue Quilting Nana" plus "Angie Quilts" and lots of blogs here in Australia too, too many to mention here but they are all on my blog roll.

7.  Tell us anything else you would like to share!
I have a wonderful life really and am very fortunate to be retired to enjoy my crafts - I have such wonderful friends and family. I have a lovely home and enjoy my days at home, just sewing and listening to music or perhaps watching an old movie on tele. Oh yes, I do housework occasionally! My husband and I have a lovely daily routine of going out for coffee - he reads the newspaper and I do my embroidery! Perfect! My circle of friends has grown so much since I began blogging. Yes, they are "cyber" friends as some would say but they have become good friends and I would love to be able to meet them in person one day.

WOW!  Thanks for sharing all the wonderful information about yourself  Helen.  This gives us a chance to get to know our fellow members better! 

15 comments:

julieQ said...

Wonderful member profile about Helen! I lost 1 pound this week!

Pat said...

Very enjoyable interview with Helen! I lost just 1 pound but that is good considering I've had houseguests pretty much straight for the past two weeks (and that will continue for one more week). Maybe I've been more active, though, doing things with them. Whatever caused it, another pound lost is good! LOL

Cobblestone Creations said...

Really enjoyed getting to know Helen!

I'm down another 1.5 pounds this week. :)

Nicole said...

Hi Helen, nice to get to know you!
I lost one pound this week. The weekend killed me this time. It was my husband's birthday, plus we had a fabulous dinner at a friend's house. I just can't say no to someone who is celebrating or has made a special effort....

Susan Ramey Cleveland said...

I forgot to report in again. I'm the same as last week. I'm really going to get serious for the next week though. I think the chicken parm last night at Macaroni Grill was my downfall this week.

Kim D. said...

Hi Helen, nice to meet you and get to know you better. I'll have to stop by your blog and see what you're up to.
Hi Stephanie, I lost .2 lbs this week. Not a lot, but after no lose last week I'd say it is good. I hit that plateau and losing was hard. Some days I want to eat everything in the house. Usually a protein helps curb that feeling. Thanks again for the encouragement. I was thinking it might be fun to do a favorite low cal recipe on a different persons blog each week. Just like your spotlight, you could put the link up to another recipe each week. It might be fun to get some new recipes. Have a lovely week. :) Kim

Terriaw said...

Wow, look at you guys go! Congrats especially to you and Kevin! I love these spotlights you are doing too. What a great way to get to know someone new.

Rita E said...

Really enjoyed reading Helen's profile ... it's a fun way to get to know someone better. Drum roll, please! I lost 7.5 lbs this week! Okay, it's probably all water because my BP med which is also a diuretic, but it's a great motivator!

Chris said...

Hi Y'all! I'm enjoying the member spotlights. Hello Helen, nice to get to know you. Weight loss? No loss, no gain. Dang it!!

Diane said...

Great feature on Helen! I am calling it even this week , no up, no down.

Helen said...

Thanks girls!! like I said "I can talk under wet cement!!"

I'm with quite a number of comments above.... no gain, no loss - MH is STILL sick!! so no gym visits (so why can't I just go on my own?????) plus I have a tennis court just begging for me to do a few rounds!!

Have a great day everyone!

Bunny said...

Nice to meet you Helen. Hope you feel better soon. I have a bit of bursitis so no gym for me for a few days. I sure will keep my mouth closes this week. Good luck to all with your weight loss.

KaHolly said...

Wonderful post! I enjoyed reading all about Helen! ~karen

Needled Mom said...

I follow Helen and really enjoy her blog. It was fun reading all about her.

Micki said...

What a great interview...I eally enjoyed it!
Micki

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails