Wednesday Weigh-In Week 12


Welcome to our Wednesday Weigh-In Week 12
All are welcome to join us!

Last week the group lost a total of 13.5 lbs
That totals 143.2 lbs in 11 weeks!

Here are the results this week: (updated as comments arrive)

Me -0 lbs; -8 lbs total weight loss
Kevin  -1 lb; -9 lbs total
Chris -1 lb; 6 lbs total  (see this member's profile below)
JulieQ -5 lbs total
Deanna -1 lb; -10 lbs total
Pat -0 lbs; -7 lbs total
Cathy -6.5 lbs total
Helen -8.5 lbs total
Kim D -4.6 total
Barb -13.2 lbs total  !!! (see this member's profile here)
Micki -1.5 lbs; -21.5 lbs total  !!!!! (see this member's profile here)
Jamie K -4.5 lbs total
Linda B -0 lbs; -5.5 lbs total
Dobco -0 lbs total
Katie Q -1 lb; -3 lbs total
Tonya -6 lbs total
Barb (DD) -1 lb total
Marianne -12 lbs total!!
Diane -13.4 lbs total    (see this member's profile here)
Judy -4 lbs total
Linda P -0.5 lbs; -8 lbs total
Bunny -0.5 lbs; -1.5 lb total
Laura -1 lb; -6.5 lbs total
Nicole -0 lbs; -4 lbs total
Susan -1 lb in her first week!
Rita -1.5 lbs in her first week!

Let me know your weekly totals and I will update the post with this weeks numbers,

So far we have lost 5 lb this week! That totals 148.2 + lbs in 12 weeks! WOW!

MEMBER SPOTLIGHT
Chris from "Quilt Talk"


Tell me about your family (married, kids, pets)
I was married for many years and have two grown sons, ages 19 & 20.

Where did you grow up and where do live now?
I grew up in Hales Corners (in Milwaukee county), WI. Went to college in Madison, then moved to Northern Wisconsin, Nebraska and Wyoming. Eventually wanted to be closer to family so we moved back to Madison, WI.

How long have you been blogging and what made you decide to do it?
I've been blogging since Sept. 2009. I started it with the hope it would become sort of an online scrapbook. But once I found my voice, other activities found their way into my posts - such as recipes, birdwatching, the antics of my dog, and of course the "Weekly Weigh In" commentary.

What is your crafty talent? When did you start doing your craft?
I've been sewing for as long as I can remember. When we were very little, my grandma would bring over kits for learning to sew. There would be a picture with holes and you had to use an oversized plastic needle to sew yarn to complete the picture. By the time I had 7th grade home ec, the other girls were learning to make a simple bag, while I made a fitted and fully lined wool zippered skirt and vest. My older sister and my grandma taught me well.

Tell us a little about your weight changes and why you joined the WWI group.
I never carried any extra weight until I was in my 30s. In fact, most women say they gain with each pregnancy - but my net weight went down 3 pound after each child. I probably burned it off chasing the two little toddlers around! I used to put them in the double stroller and jog with them. That was one of the happiest times of my life. Later I had to modify it to walking as I developed joint troubles from the pounding on the pavement. Eventually I got a desk job, and slowly started to experience middle age spread. Still we did a lot of walking and hiking whenever we could. The key for me is to be mindful about what you're eating and to stay active in any way, shape or form you can. In fact, I was recently researching wheelchair exercise for some of my patients. It looked pretty fun!

Tell us your favorite, daily blog reads.
I love Exuberant Color, Cre8tive Quilter, and Quilt Rat. I'm always finding more!

Tell us anything else you would like to share!
One of the reasons i got back into quilting is an interest in recycling. I've made numerous jeans quilt and one art quilt that was entered in an Earth Day art show. I'm getting an itch to do something along those lines again. I have so many more options with my new sewing machine. The sky's the limit! Lastly, I was able to combine to loves (food and quilting) in one project. That was highlighted in the July edition of Foodservice Director Magazine:  http://quilt-talk.blogspot.com/2010/07/hey-look-its-me.html

Hope you like my WWI Member Spotlights!  Please visit Chris and tell her hello and good luck with her weight loss goals! 

Comments

Linda B said…
I'm happy to report that after a two week vacation, preceeded by a week of parties, I am holding steady. However, this week's goal is to LOSE weight.
Good interview with Chris.
Pat said…
Nice interview with Chris. This week I stayed the same....AGAIN. Of course, this was also the week I had my friend visiting for 5 days and we went to 4 restaurants in that time......so I guess staying the same weight throughout that is not bad at all! LOL
Bunny said…
Great interview, nice to get to know everyone a bit. My loss this week is 1/2 pound better than nothing. I made my ww soup no points and have been exercising too hopefully it will go down more next week.
Deanna said…
Down one pound this week. That makes 10, or half way to my goal weight. I have never had this kind of success before and I thank you for the support.
Such fun to read about Chris! Thanks for sharing.

I'm down one pound this week! :)
Nicole said…
Nice to get acquainted with Chris!
My weight loss has stayed the same since last week. My initial loss the first week was impressive, but my body must be adjusting or something! Hope to be down a couple of pounds next Wednesday. I think I had a few meals that were counter productive to my goal!
KatieQ said…
The interview with Chris was lovely. I have lost ONE POUND this week.
Micki said…
Really good interview. I am continuing to lose a bit each week. I am still using my Nordic poles when I walk. I am ordering a Bellicon Rebounder, which is a mini trampoline made in Germany. Rebounding is supposed to be better exercise than jogging, but not bad for the knees.
Micki
Rita E said…
Enjoyed reading Chris' interview. Nice getting to know her. Happy to report that I lost 1.5 lbs my first week ... have no idea how that happened cuz I certainly failed at any attemps of real dieting and exercising. But I did cut out late night snacks. Either way, this is a great motivator to do better next week! Congrats to Deanna and everyone else who lost some weight! Inspires us to keep at it!
Helen said…
I've sent out my email, sorry a tad late in getting my comment in... up about 2 pounds sorry to say, but we are getting back on track.

Well done to all!
Dogmom Diva said…
Hi Steph, I did not weigh myself yesterday, I got about 3 hours sleep and was crabby! I have not been losing weight at all due to my illness and not feeling good enough to try but I would love to follow along and cheer everyone on if ok..I am sure in a few weeks I will give it a go again..hope that is ok and proud of everyone!

hugs
Barb
julieQ said…
I lost one pound!! Good thing too...as I am up and down. I am loving everyone's progress and especially the member profiles!
Barb said…
Enjoyed learning about you Chris...
Stephanie said…
Everyone is doing so well! I am so glad Chris was willing to share all about herself! I am very happy to have all of these new friends! Thanks Stephanie

Popular Posts