Monday, August 30, 2010

Quilted Shower Curtain

This is a quilt turned into a shower curtain

I bought this inexpensive bright green quilt from Home Goods.  I bought a queen sized quilt, trimmed it to fit the shower stall, put a binding on it to coordinate with the room and button holes and that is it!  It goes perfectly with the yoyo quilt I made earlier this summer.  I made this shower curtain and the yoyo quilt (previously blogged about here) for my mom's bathroom.  Her walls a light blue but the yoyo quilt has this same green as seen below.  

 
close up of the yoyo quilt I made for my Mom

 
Mounted quilt

Mom's bathroom

Here you can see a close up of the binding and button holes

Well today is a beautiful day at the beach.  We arrived here at our condo in Ocean City Maryland for some rest before Kevin's parents come for a visit from Wisconsin on Thursday.  They will be here until Sunday and it will be great to see them.  Our plans were to visit them but his Dad loves our Golden Retriever Dale so much that he wanted to come here just to see our dog!  (He doesn't know I know this.)  He calls our dog Duke!

Meeting shortly with Pat from A Little of This and a Little of Pat for lunch!  Meeting her husband too!  Yippie!!

7 comments:

dobco said...

What a great idea of the quilt! Sounds like a great week ahead of you...enjoy!

IHaveANotion ~ Kelly Jackson said...

I love re-purposing!!! Great job and I absolutely love the yo yo wall hanging....I smiled the minute I saw it.

Smiles,
Kelly

Vesuviusmama said...

Very cool!

Deb said...

That is a great idea for a shower curtain! It really helps pull the room together - along with the yo-yo quilt.

KaHolly said...

So creative! Re-purposing the quilt and adding the yo-yo wallhanging really pulls it all together. Great job. ~karen

Quilt Hollow said...

I love the idea of a quilt for a shower curtain! The little quilt is just adorable too!!

Pat said...

You did a great job on both those items for your mom's bathroom! Gary and I had a great time today at lunch with you and Kevin...I see more fun times with the 4 of us together in the future!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails