Saturday, July 31, 2010

Dinner with old friends

Debbie and Me

Dave (Debbie's husband) and my husband Kevin

Debbie was my best friend all through middle and high school.  We lost touch as we got older and for the last 10 years we have not kept in touch.  I would call her and she would call me and there would always be some reason why we could not get together.  But tonight, everything changed.  We got together and had a great dinner and sat for three hours laughing and having a a good time. 

Kevin had not ever met Debbie as we have only been together for 8 years.  He enjoyed meeting them and hearing our old stories.  Debbie shared the story that my mom probably doesn't know.....when we were in middle school I had to make a cake before I could go out with Debbie.  We made it so fast and iced it that when we came back the top half of the circle cake was on the floor.  The icing had melted and had top half fell off.  We picked up the cake off the floor and put it back onto and fixed the icing.  No one was the wiser.  We served it the next day and played innocent.  That was just one of the stories she remembered. 

I remembered camping out back in the winter because he father was a big camper.  I remember camping in Skyline Drive and all the bears we would see.  We had lots of fun times and shared them all.  Kevin and Dave talked to each other and about cars.  There are many fun times in our future.  I will be looking forward to spending more time with them and NOT losing touch again. 

8 comments:

KatieQ said...

It's wonderful that you were able to connect with an old friend. Unfortunately, it's easy to let life get in the way sometimes.

Lurline said...

So lovely for you to catch up!
Hugs - Lurline!

Greg said...

It's always nice to reconnect with "life experienced" friends (I got yelled at for using 'old"!) so I use that term instead.

Barb said...

Hey, you are looking great!! Old friends are the best...as are new ones.

Pat said...

How nice that you all had such a terrific time!

Nicole said...

The cake story is hilarious! You must have nearly died when you found the top layer on the floor! I have heard of the 3 Second Rule, but the 3 Hour Rule? Not so sure...

MCW said...

I remember Debbie! So long ago...

Micki said...

I loved the cake story, and what a lovely time you must have all had!
Micki

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails