Sunday, June 6, 2010

Something old into something new...

The flower is simply gathered fabric fringed on the edge and secured with a covered button
Shopping Bag

This is my new bag made from my mom's old bed skirt.  She is in the process of redecorating her bathroom and bedroom.  I made her the YoYo quilt to go into her bathroom but she also had this bedskirt that she didn't want anymore.  It has yards and yards of fabric because it was a queen bed.  I turned this bedskirt into a shopping bag and I just love it.  It was a little big at first but when I added the elastic to the side panel it made it much more comfortable and attractive.  The fake flower with covered button adds a wonderful embellishment.  I decided to pleat the bottom on the outside so you can see the corner.  I just love how it turned out.  Looks very in style this way.  What do you think? 
Pleated to the outside and sides are gathered

Oh and look what my mom made me......she made me a matching cell phone and camera case.

Front ~ embellished with sequence and beads
Back - outside pocket

This is the other set she made me....I just love the black and red!

Thanks MOM!! 

6 comments:

Barb said...

What a way to redo something, turned out wonderful...love what your mom did for you too.

Pat said...

GREAT way to "repurpose" the bed skirt....and love the little bags your mom made for you, too.

Terriaw said...

Cool tote bags! I love the flower detail. And those cell phone pouches look like the perfect size.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

They all look fantastic Steph well done...

Diane said...

Love that bag and those cases! They are so cute!

Vesuviusmama said...

You two are both so CLEVER!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails