Tuesday, June 1, 2010

NICU Quilt and Memorial Day Party

This quilt was made by Cheryl Emanuel and donated to
The Johns Hopkins NICU

Cheryl found my blog and contacted me to ask if our NICU could use some quilts for the babies.  I said "Of course!"   This is one of the quilts she has sent to the NICU.  All the nurses and parents are very excited about receiving them.  I wanted to give her proper appreciation.  She is currenlty working on more of them.  Cheryl states she has arthritis in her hands but thanks to the new Cricut Quilting machine she can still quilt. 
Thanks again Cheryl!! 


The weekend was full of work.  We had to bring our Holiday Party to work.  When we have a party on night shift in the NICU, we do it up right!  Everyone brings in a dish to share and we usually eat for hours.  I was very good.  With my goals of weight loss, I did NOT want to spoil my Wednesday Weigh-In!   Here I am with my friend and co-worker Felicia.  She has just joined our WWI group as well. 

Can you see my pink scrub top?  I make my own scrub tops.  This one is a Kaffe Fassett Fabric.  I love that fact that working in Pediatrics means I can wear very fun fabrics. 

My friend Blair brought a great dish to the pot luck that was up my alley!  It was wonderful.  She used Fit and Lively Dannon All Natural Vanilla Yogurt mixed with blueberries and stawberries.  She topped it with the Special K Granola just before serving.  This was my favorite dessert thanks to Blair and I left the brownies alone! 

Yogurt with Blueberries, Strawberries and Granola
A perfect dessert for weight watchers!




6 comments:

Lurline said...

Gorgeous little quilt - just love that scrub top - and I'm feeling hungry now, so could do with some dessert!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Vesuviusmama said...

Yum! I keep a big container of plain, fat-free yogurt and a baggie of granola at work for when I get cravings. Of course, I'm craving french fries and pizza and the like, not yogurt and granola, but it takes the edge off and makes me feel virtuous.

Terriaw said...

That baby quilt is so adorable, especially in the setting. So wonderful to have someone just call you like that! Food parties are so hard to stick to a diet - good for you! That yogurt dish looks so yummy. I think I could scarf that up for breakfast.

Penny @ The Comforts of Home/Lavender Hill Studio said...

What a beautiful quilt and a beautiful lady that is kind enough to donate them!

The food looks great! Good for you for sticking to your diet!

Thank you for stopping by and telling me your dad thought my landscaping was professional! I really appreciate that!

Barb said...

What a cute quilt...how many rows is that for a premie?

Pat said...

How wonderful that Cheryl is making those quilts. Your scrub top is terrific and I really like that yogurt dish. (Do you have a scrub top pattern? Wonder if my daughter would like them if I made them for her??)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails