Friday, June 18, 2010

Dale's Tail...please vote!

This is my Golden Retriever named Dale
His coat is gorgeous!  During the summer we trim him because he likes to swim in the river behind our house daily.  Last summer, I spent a couple of hundreds dollars taking him to the groomer for a trim.  This year I decided to do it myself.  I definately did it too short and I am no pro, but it will grow and in the next few weeks it will be just like the groomer did it.  Take a look at the results. 
Video of me shaving poor Dale!  Funny!

Dale shaved

Dale's tail ~ trim or leave like this?  That is the question!

The question is: Trim his tail or leave it long?
My husband and sons think it looks funny and makes him look like a girly dog. I agree it looks funny but I love it like this. Take a look at the pics and videos below and then vote by commenting what you think I should do. I will let you know what the decision is based on your votes!

Video of Dale's new haircut!


Dale modeling his new coat, or lack of it!  LOL
My daiseys ~ my favorite flowers!  Hands down!

19 comments:

Nancy said...

trim...he looks a bit foolish...like a poodle..

but he looks good shaved.. we had our cocker shaved last week..

Suzanne said...

Love his tail.

Gives him loads of personality, I vote to leave Dale's tail alone.

Caroline in NH said...

I'm with Suzanne... leave the little lion-y pouf at the end! It's cute! He looks a lot like a yellow lab without his coat.

Kaye said...

Its cute, but like your hubby and sons said, take it off, he looks girly with it! He is a beautiful dog.

Greg said...

Shave the tail. He's a real dog and not some yappy kick me breed...

Jackie said...

What a nice clean shaven pup! I love the short cut, so I think his tail should match.

Pat said...

While the tail might look cute, I don't think Dale wants to look cute. I think he wants to look MACHO and that tail doesn't quite fit!!!

Linda B said...

Dale looks adorable in his new cut, but the tail has gotta go!

Gene Black said...

TRIM!!! hubby is so RIGHT on this one!

quiltingnana said...

the little poof is cute but probably should go

Stephanie D. said...

Well, if Dale was a girl....


Nope. Not even then. The tail's gotta go.

Stephanie said...

WOW! An overwhelming response in agreement with my sons and husband to TRIM THE TAIL! OK, guess I will trim the tail. Thanks to everyone's vote. Off it goes! LOL

Chris said...

His tail looks like a lion's. Too bad you didn't leave him a mane. But since his mane is gone the little poof on the tail probably should go too. He's a good sport!

Thearica said...

Yep...Exit the tail.. :)

dobco said...

I say off with the poof! I love the short cut. You did a great job...now finish is!

Deanna said...

He looks happy to me--I'd leave it.

Dee said...

He looks like he belongs to Cindy Lou Who! LOL

Loved the vidoes and daisies are some of my faves too! Remove the poof so he doesn't ge made fun of by the Grinch!

Bumpkin on a Swing said...

Quilts, dogs, flowers, I'm in, I'm in, I'm in!

MCW said...

Our voices are so similar it is kind of weird...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails