Saturday, June 12, 2010

Bathroom Redecoration Project

This is my mom's new bathroom.  This is the house I grew up in and it has to be about 43 years old.  She did a great job remodeling and redecorating!  I have been talking about it because I have posted previously about making a quilt to match her wall.  I just love the bathroom and thought I would share it with everyone.  I love the colors she picked and the wainscoating adds such a cute addition.   
Here is the bathroom finished. 

Love the lamp she made to hang over the sink.
We painted this lamp and then added the lamp shades.  It was originally a very boring brown lamp without the shades that hung in her front entry way.  It looks shabby chic now!  How cute this is the bathroom as the light fixtures!
My mom made this adorable framed decoupage sign to display the names of her children:  me, my brother Jay and sister Amy.   It is hanging on the wall on the right side of the sink.  Below is a close up of the YoYo quilt I made my mom to hang in the bathroom.  Most of you have already seen the posts about it but thought you would like to see why I picked these colors and how it was going to be used. 


Seeing how cute her bathroom turned out, it makes me want to redo mine.  Great job mom....want to redocorate my bathrooms?  :)

14 comments:

Rebecca said...

Your mum has done a great job on the bathroom and I love the sign with your brother, sister and you onit what a clever idea. As for the little YoYo quilt look just right hanging in the room. Take care
Hugs Bec

Tami @ Lemon Tree Tales said...

This is such a fresh looking bathroom .. your quilt is the perfect touch! Does your mom want to come over to my house for a bathroom remodel? ;-)

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Fantastic bathroom your mum has done a great job and your mini quilt is perfect....

Vesuviusmama said...

Oh, send her my way to help me out - it is lovely! I am very partial to white wainscotting...

Terriaw said...

That is a cute bathroom! I love how your quilt looks hanging on the wall. That wainscoating really does add a nice touch of charm!

Allie said...

The bathroom looks great, and your yo-yo's are awesome!

quiltingnana said...

great job...love the yoyo wall hanging

Kim D. said...

Your mom did a great job!! Love the heart sign and your quilt is just perfect hanging there. A little makeover will do wonders.

SarahVee said...

Your yoyo quilt shines in the bathroom! My bathroom is very jealous {and in desperate need of fresh paint and lights too!} Thanks for sharing.

Chris said...

I can see where your talent comes from!

Deb said...

I just love your mom's bathroom. The color is wonderful and love that wainscoating! And the quilt looks stunning against the wall coloring. Definitely a bathroom to love.

Dogmom Diva said...

Wow that turned out beautifully! love the wainscoting, I want to do that in our guest bath, its decor is lighthouse style..and your quilt is stunning!

Dee said...

fabulous redo! love the colors and wainscotting is always a cute and classy addition. hooray for repurposing an old light fixture and the home made with love decorations make me smile!

Diane said...

The yo yo quilt looks wonderful in there!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails