Friday, May 28, 2010

YoYo quilt mounted


I finally mounted the quilt I made for my mom.  She plans on hanging it in her bathroom on an aqua colored painted wall.  I mounted it on a canvas painting surface and covered the canvas with the same fabric I used in the center of the quilt.  Most of the fabric is April Cornell but I don't know the name of the inside muted fabric.  I matched my bought charm pack well and I needed something to go with it.  Turned out great.  I blogged about this earlier but thought I share my finished product. 

 
sequences and beads


I used DMC floss to quilt the design so it can be brightly visable.

I used the left overs of cutting the yoyo circles from the charm packs as the border by crazy quilting it together on top of the size of the border I wanted.  Hope you like it Mom!

    

12 comments:

Helen said...

Steph, this is absolutely gorgeous, beautiful, delightful,lovely..... I could go on and on!! Mounting it on the canvas is such a great idea!

Your Mum will L.O.V.E. it, I'm sure!

I'm heading to the beach tomorrow to spend a weekend with my sister.... oh yes, did I mention that there is also a quilt show happening where she lives??? I'm going for one night, but by the look of my bag I could be going for a month.... it's mostly hand stitching and two new magazines which arrived in the mail today!!
A girls gotta have her home comforts!!!!

Have a lovely weekend!

Kim D. said...

Love it!! I bet your mom will be so thrilled to receive it.

dobco said...

I love the yo yo's...it is one technique that I have never tried. It's on my list! Sorry I missed your weigh in this week. I am going to be gone for two weeks to Texas. I don't even want to think about what I may gain while I am there....revisiting all my favorite places...like Spring Creek BBQ...Texas brisket is the best!

Terriaw said...

What a sweet way to display a yo-yo project! I love the framing, but especially love the bead and sequin embellishments. Seems like a perfect work of art to hang in a ladies' bathroom.

Deb said...

I think that piece is wonderful. I'm sure that your mom is just going to love it!!

Pat said...

It looks so pretty...I know your mom will love it and appreciates all the time you put into making it for her.

julieQ said...

I love that quilt so much...she will abosolutely love it!

Angela said...

Thanks for posting the pics of the yo-yo quilt all finished up! I really love the fabrics you used! I may need to try this sometime! :o) Great inspiration!

Barb said...

sooooooooooooooooooo cute!!!

Muddling Through said...

That is beautiful! And weren't you clever to crazy quilt those leftover bits and pieces of pretty fabric!

Vesuviusmama said...

That's going to look great on her wall!

Laurie~ said...

Stephanie...soooooo pretty! Did you use the yo yo makers by clover (the templaes? Or did you just do them from scratch?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails