Friday, May 7, 2010

National Nurses Day

1986
Today was National Nurses Day.  A day to honor all the nurses who have made a difference in your life.  I love being a nurse and I feel lucky to have had such a wonderful career that I absolutely love.  I enjoy being part of someone's life and making a difference.  I became a nurse in 1986 and I have worked in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at Johns Hopkins Hospital since then. 

1986 Nursing Graduation

I have met some amazing families in my 24 years as a nurse at Hopkins.  My first primary patient was a 24 weeker and she has since graduated from college.  I love to receive cards and emails from my parents to update me.  I have lost some babies over the years as well but have attended more birthdays then funerals.
 
2009

Hug a nurse today! 

15 comments:

Pokey said...

((((YOU)))) Hugs for you, Stephanie! Love your photos!
Happy Mother's Day, too!

Mary said...

I worked as an RN for about 22 years before becoming a lady of leisure and was always happy with my career. I do miss some parts of it still but I do love having the ability to stay home and quilt and take off traveling whenever I want.

Kaye said...

Bless you Stephanie and congratulations on 24 years of Nursing. Only very special people become Nurses. My dtr in law Betsy is a NICU nurse in Manchester NH. She is a very loving and caring person. Will be at Hopkins either the 14th or 17-18 of this month for Hubby's surgery. Would love to be able to meet you there. Happy Mothers Day

Angela said...

I was lucky enough, that my triplets did not have to be in NICU, but I am so glad that there are wonderful nurses like you out there!
Hugs to you!

Nancy said...

Happy Nurse's Day.... I graduated in 1987, daughter #1 graduated in 2003, daughter
#2 graduated in 2007.. We are a family of nurses...

AND my daughter got pregnant with our first grandchild at Johns Hopkins in their Invitro program....

Gene Black said...

I hope you had a wonderful Nurse's Day. You look as lovely now as you did in 1986!

Dee said...

You are a blessing to all who know you! As the mom of a nicu baby, everything you do is precious and needed. Nurses have some of the biggest hearts.

You still have a gentle and beautiful smile!

Happy Mother's Day!

Elizabeth said...

I'm glad there is a National day to note all that you do. Hope you had a great day and Happy Mother's Day tomorrow.

Terriaw said...

Happy nurse's day to you! I admire people for choosing that profession because I don't think I could do it. Good for you!

Barb said...

I know you must be one awesome nurse....thanks for doin a job some of us could not do....

Loris said...

love this blog

Kim D. said...

Great Post Stephanie!! I'm sure you're a great nurse and your patients parents appreciate you very much. Have a Happy Mother's Day!!

julieQ said...

Happy Nurse's day, Stephanie!! You are a credit to your profession...wonderful post, and what a darling young thing you are!

Pat said...

ONly saw this post just now...so a belated Happy Nurse's Day to you. I hope your son gets better soon.

mary jiel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails