Saturday, May 29, 2010

My favorite Salad Dressing


In the past, I have NOT enjoyed salads at home.  This is because it takes time to prepare salads, plus they have never taste the same as a restaurant.  I have been trying to eat more fresh vegetables and loose weight.  That is why I started the  Wednesday Weigh-In .  It is well under way and this was the first week.  I lost 3 pounds.  As a group we lost 24.9 pounds!  It is wonderful to have such a great group of ladies all supporting each other. 

I have been motivated to try to find a salad I can easily make at home and enjoy.  I don't enjoy salads with mostly lettuce but I love tomatoes and many other veggies.  This week I have enjoyed some of the best salads I have ever made.  It might have to do with this wonderful salad dressing my friend Pam at work gave me.  It is fantastic.  Just enough tang and garlic that I look forward to my salads now.  As you can see in the picture it looks beatiful.  I have played around with the dressing and the ingredients of the salad.  What has worked best for me is to cut up the veggies that can be refridgerated ahead of time to stream line my meals.  I save the tomato for cutting up at the last minute because I only like them at room temperature.  Just think how great it will be to go the farmers market and get some fresh veggies on a weekly basis! 

I work tonight and for the next 4 night shifts.  I will be working on eating well and I plan on wearing my pedometer at work and watching my activity.  This morning and yesterday I walked 4 miles each day with my doggie but now it's back to work and it's hard to do that and walk.  I just so tired after a 12 hr shift on my feet that it is difficult.  Good luck to anyone like me trying to loose weight.  Hope you enjoy this salad dressing too.  If anyone wants to join our Wednesday Weigh-In.....please let me know! 




8 comments:

Chris said...

Yum - I'll add those ingredients to my grocery list and try it this weekend!

dobco said...

Sounds like the group is doing well. I will catch up with you once I get back from Texas and hope to get on board with you all then. Have a great weekend. See you in a couple of weeks...I'm Texas bound!

Barb said...

You are doing super!!

Pat said...

I have a feeling I will gain a bit this holiday weekend...UGH. (Hey...remember...if you read this at work...to ask around about the Reclast IV infusion for osteoporosis, okay?)

Terriaw said...

I love salads but agree with you that I don't enjoy making them at home. This dressing really does sound tasty over the lettuce, cukes and tomatoes. And I also like having the veggies cut up and ready, making it a little easier. All that walking is going to do wonders!

Kim D. said...

Oh, that salad looks so good. I love salads with feta cheese and olives. Thanks for the recipe, I can't wait to try it.

Dogmom Diva said...

Hi Stephanie, I just found your sweet blog, I would be interested in joining your Wednesday weigh in group..Oh gosh I need to lose some weight. Will check out the original post!

Barb

Vesuviusmama said...

That salad looks DIVINE! I agree, lots of lettuce is not a salad. And the reason I don't eat many salads is because I hate cutting it all up, too. But I love the taste, so I need to get over being so darned lazy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails