Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Made it to Grand Rivers KY for the AQS in Paducah


Here we are....Grand Rivers KY.  It is about a 30 min drive to Paducah.  Since Kevin wanted to tag along and NOT attend the quilting festivities, he wanted something to do while I was away playing.  He plans of visiting the Land between the Lakes.  It is a National recreation area.  Tonight we have dinner reservations at Patti's 1880 settlement.  It is supposed to be an attraction.  I love our back deck/porch on our cottage.  It is right on the lake and when we open the front and back door the breeze is just wonderful.  Hope to give you updates each night after returning.  My day starts tomorrow.  I was signed up for a class with Kaffe, but thanks to Pat I am going to just enjoy the exhibits and the quilts tomorrow.  I will look forward to my class all day long on Friday with Kaffe instead.  Oh, and I can't wait for my class all day with Lyric Kinard on Thursday.  We are learning all the different techniques in art quilting.  Yippie!  I am here!!! 

Love the funny sign...."to life boats" this way


10 comments:

Trish said...

wow, those photos are great! I want to go to Kentucky now. I'd love to hear more about the place you are staying at when you get back! Enjoy and have a great time!

Loris said...

Wow, nice room with a view! Sounds like a great start. Enjoy your dinner :-)

Terriaw said...

I had no idea Grand Rivers KY was so beautiful! If it weren't for that class with Kaffe (OMG! how awesome), you might be tempted to stay where you are. Thanks for the progress report - your cottage looks fab!

Vesuviusmama said...

SOOOOOO jealous! Love the deck right on the lake. Enjoy, and let us attend vicariously through your nightly posts!

Pat said...

What a GREAT cottage!!! I'm sure you will be glad you gave yourself one day without classes so you can see the exhibit quilts and also look at all the vendors as they have so much great stuff there!

Paula said...

Wow... OMG... you are blessed. Awaiting your nightly posts. Enjoy.

Dee said...

and I'm not in that picture--why--?

enjoy! enjoy! enjoy!

Micki said...

What a beautiful place you stayed in...Sounds like you are having fun!
Micki

Stephanie said...

Thanks everyone! I will write all back when I get home. Steph

elsie123 said...

Oh, you must be having a fantastic time! Enjoy every minute of it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails