Getting ready for Paducah

This fabric is for my Kaffe Fasset Snowball quilt class at Paducah.  I needed to buy 20 medium to large sized prints and 20 smaller design or solid prints.   These fat quarters are for the snowballs and most of them are Amy Butler's gorgeous prints.  Feeling guilty about his I just had to use Kaffe's fabric for the background.  I did not pick out 20 different background fabics as the supply list stated but just one.  This purple with lime green polka dots is Kaffe's.  I hope he doesn't get made at me for not picking all his fabric!  LOL  
What do you think?  Is the background going to work?  I think so!

Tonight we had a wonderful Mushroom Risotto!  Mmmmmm Good!  Thanks to Tyler Florence from Food Network for this great recipe.   I just had to share it with you.  I changed it up a little with Vegetable broth instead of chicken broth just to make it different.  Next time I am going to try half vegetable broth and half beef broth.  Here it is in my favorite cast iron dutch oven (casserole covered dish made by Cusinart) with my wonderful mushroom risotto! 

Have a great weekend!  Tomorrow I am going with Kevin on a ride in his Grabber Orange Mustang with some other crazy GO mustang owners.  The ride will take place throughout Maryland and Pennsylvania.  We are going to all go to this massive buffet called Shady Maple Market....eat as much as you like for $18.95! 

A veritable feast!  I will let you know how it is! 

Comments

Pat said…
Shady Maple has a lot of fans...enjoy yourself this weekend. YIKES that is a LOT of fabric you were told to buy for that one class! I think the background is just fine and will look very nice with the prints you selected.
Kim D. said…
Oh, I love your fabric choices, so pretty. I think it's your quilt and you can choose whatever color you want for the background. Looks beautiful to me.
Pokey said…
Your risotto looks yum, we love mushrooms. And I love your happy prints, these will be beautiful! Hey, the Kaffe background is the biggest piece, right? He'll like it, you've chosen well.
I went and looked at all your Dear Jane squares, boy, they are really impressive as a set! Thank you for sharing the view, what an accomplishment.
Dee said…
Forget food when you have such yummy fabrics to feast on! Can't wait to see this when you're done!

Remember, lots of pictures!
Terriaw said…
I swear I just bought the exact same Kaffe fabrics! I am joining a hexagon sew-along, so I'm debating using either the Kaffe or the new LOVE fabrics! Funny we have such similar tastes! Your risotto looks delicious, especially with those mushrooms. I love watching Tyler's show.
Barb said…
Your fabrics are wonderfl....Looks like silver Thimble is getting ready too...
Nancy said…
OMG...I LOVE those fabrics and I like the idea of 1 background instead of more...

Hope to meet you in Paducah!!
julieQ said…
Have fun...how could you not working with those gorgeous fabrics? Thank you for the recipe!
Deb said…
That is going to be such a happy quilt when you're finished!
Miss Nancy said…
I love the light purple with the lime green dots for the background. It works perfectly. It is a great contrast to all the bright prints. Good choice.

Have a great day.

http://teaandquilts.blogspot.com
Allie said…
What a yummy stack of fabrics! Your quilt will be beautiful!
Jenni said…
What fantastic fabrics - so bright and beautiful. The risotto looks good too..

Popular Posts