Sunday, March 21, 2010

National Quilting Day, Dear Jane and Breast Cancer

Dear Jane G 4 Papa's Star
This has to be the hardest Dear Jane I have done so far.  I was using colorful language while doing this one!  It is appropriate that on National Quilting Day that I try something I had never done before.  It proves to me how challenging quilting can be.  It is an ART!!  I believe we are artists.  I might be copying a design or following a pattern, but I have been sewing since I was in elementry school many years ago and this block has to be one of the most challenging things I have done.  I am still learning and evolving as an artist.  Artists around the world should be proud of the impact their quilts have on generations to come.  Happy National Quilting Day to all.  This square makes number 18 and 211 pieces so far. 
I wanted to take a minute to think about two special friends... Suzanne my neighbor and Dannette my co-worker.  Both were diagnosed this week with breast cancer.  I am keeping both of you in my prayers.  You are both amazing women with wonderful families.  Your strength amazes me.  May God give you both peace!  You will both be in my thoughts for the next coming months. 


8 comments:

Terri(TerriBoog) said...

Happy National Quilting Day to you. I may not quilt but I am a serious lover of quilts!

My prayers being sent for your friends. I pray that they will have the strength and courage to fight the good fight. Blessings to them and their families.

Kaye said...

That sure does look like a toughie, but you did a great job on it. Happy Spring!!

Pat said...

I will pray for your friends. Your block turned out nice......am laughing at the thought of you using colorful language while making it!

Angela said...

I figured I would paper piece this one, at least the center? I love the star fabric you used!
Prayers for your friends!

Loris said...

Lovely work, Stephanie! My thoughts and prayers for your friends.

Elizabeth said...

What a naughty little quilt block!

Two friends in one week, my prayers go out to them.

Pokey said...

Wow, pretty block, worth the work!

Corrie said...

It looks really good. What a project. good luck with them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails