Thursday, March 11, 2010

Dear Jane ~ G 4 Shutterbug

Dear Jane ~ G 4 Shutterbug

This one was completely done by paper piecing.  It was simple.  Love the color but I think it might be too bright for the quilt and doesn't match the exact theme of my quilt.  But don't we need a "pop" fabric that stands out somewhere in the quilt?  I think so.  Time will tell, once I have more together I will put them all on a flannel board as see what I think.  What do you think?  Is it too bold for a quilt with an old theme?  This makes block number 13, a total of 153 pieces. 

Meanwhile, I got home from work this morning and laughed my butt off watching one of my new favorite TV shows.....Modern Family.  Last night's episode was hysterical.  I must have laughed out loud 5 times.  If you get a chance you need to watch the episode called "Truth Be Told".  It's about Facebook.  Quite funny!  Anyway, I am so happy to have OFF til Monday night.  We are planning lunch on Saturday with friends from out of town at the famous Lexington Market for Lunch at the Inner Harbor in Baltimore MD....their crab cakes are the best in the world!!!!!   They ship them anywhere too!  I just hope the rain doesn't get in our way too much.  Have a GREAT weekend and I hope I get some more sewing done too. 

8 comments:

Dee said...

I love paper piecing! And your block is beautiful!

Enjoy the time with your friends and have the best of times!

ps tell them to let you sew a bit too!

em's scrapbag said...

I think your block is delightful. If you don't think it fits add a little more of the pink in another block or two. That will make it more cohesive with the rest of the quilt. Although a popper is always good in a quilt.

Angela said...

I don't think it is too bright - but of course, I am a fan of pink! :o) Great job! Enjoy your time off!

Pat said...

I love paper-piecing. For my Sylvia's Bridal Sampler blocks, I am doing it all scrappy and have a couple that appear too bright BUT I am doing as Em suggested and going to add more of those "bright" colors in future blocks so I am hoping it will balance out. I"ve not watched Modern Family but have heard good things about it.

Loris said...

Yeah! some nights off :-) Have a great time with your friends...and some crabs too!
Love the DJ blocks. The pink is pretty.

Barb said...

Your dear jane blocks are coming along nicely....
Have a fun time this weekend!!

Terriaw said...

What a pretty block! Love those fabrics together. I have always wanted to try paper piecing - glad to hear it was easy. Enjoy your long weekend!!

Rene' said...

I really like this Dear Jane block. I don't think it is too bright at all. Good job with the paper piecing. I'm still intimidated by it. I have not watched Modern Family but hear it is a riot! Enjoy your weekend.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails