Dear Jane G3 Four Leaf Clover

Dear Jane ~ G3 Four Leaf Clover
This block makes my 7th block and 51 pieces so far.  My mom did this one as she surprised me today when she came for dinner.  She made a couple of blocks which I will share them one at a time! 
THANKS MOM! 

I was busy working Sat night thru Tuesday night.  Last night I went to a college open house with my son Jimmy.  He has decided to go back to college after trying one semester right after high school.  He has been working full time since but has learned he is getting no where fast.  So glad he got layed off in January because it made him realize this is the chance he needs to try college again.  Fall 2010 is when he is going to go.  Today (and a few days last week) I finally finished ironing and organizing all my fabrics yards, fat quarters and scaps.  I thought if I became organized it would be easier to find my stash for making my Dear Jane squares.  Here are some pics of all my hard work!
My red and pinks
My whites and creams
Purples and greens
My blues
Yellows, browns and blacks
My scraps

Comments

Helen said…
WOW!!! you sure do have a stash!! I'm feeling so much better about the drawers of fabric filling my sewing room:-) sadly, my stash is not ironed and colour sorted... one day!!

Happy Sewing!
Cathy said…
What wonderful fabrics! I have old scrap fabric...nothing new except for some scraps that a friend sent me. Even some that others have sent me are older fabrics. I am very glad for them I must say, but it would be so cool to go and buy some yardage. I love seeing yours though. I need some of the neutrals, either tans/whites or soft colors. Seems I have lots of bold colors. Enjoy and sew, sew, sew!
Lurline said…
Yes, lots of work, but not so tiresome playing with fabric - they are looking pretty!
Hugs - Lurline♥
Barb said…
Love your stash, can I come and play?
Pretty fabrics! I just love pictures of peoples fabric stashes! Makes me want to go through my scrap bin and start cleaning and organizing!!!!
Pat said…
I try to keep mine color-sorted, too. MY downfall is that when I pull fabrics to use (or to "audition" for use), I am not good about putting them back until I get a whole PILE of them that need to be put away.
Pat said…
Oh, yes...nice block your mom made for you!
Jackie said…
It looks terrific! Definitely keeping fabric color sorted is very helpful. Love the Dear Jane block!
Angela said…
The Dear Jane block is great - that will be extra-special having some in there that your Mom made! I have a friend that has volunteered to make a few of mine, that will be so neat!
Love your fabric stash! :o)
Terriaw said…
Looks like a busy and productive week! You are on a roll with your Dear Jane project - love to see the new blocks. Congrats to your son on the college decision too. Great time to go back to school, when the job market isn't so good.
Dee said…
Will gladly pay for shipping if you want to fork 'em over! LOL I'm amazed by your organizational skills!

Thanks, Mom, for being there for your son! You are awesome and he'll do great!
dee said…
Stephanie, Thanks for stopping by my blog. Hope you enjoy the book. Your stash sure looks nice and neat....sigh. Those Dear Jane blocks always amaze me and I'm tempted every time I see them.
Glad you liked the Jade plant and hope you like the book.
Jenni said…
So nice and neat. I bet you had fun organising them all, but in this house they wouldn't stay like that for long! I've had heaps of fabric out for a few different projects and while I was trying to put some away yesterday I came to the conclusion that I need more containers. All that fabric I buy has to go somewhere...
Loris said…
Great work on the organization. It will be a boost to your work..and also just to fabric watching which is a cherished past time all in itself. Congrats to your son. Great decision! I hope he has a great time and learns something wonderful.

Popular Posts