YoYo's and Beads

This quilt is for my mom.  It is very small, only 16" by 16".  Last January when my husband was in LaJolla CA for a business trip, he took suddenly ill and was admitted to Scripps Memorial.  I got the call and went running out there to be with him.  While going back and forth from the hotel to the hospital I found this lovely quilt shop in LaJolla and looked for something I could do by hand because I was needed something to do with my time during his week long hospital stay.  So I bought this Moda Charm Square pack and made some YoYo's.  These YoYo's have been sitting around with nothing special planned and then my mom took them and put them on this fabric and gave it back to me.  I did the quilting and the embellishing with the beads and now just have to put the border on.  The border is the scraps from cutting out the YoYos from the Charm packs.  The scraps are ironed onto double sided wonder that sits on top of some white fabric and then crazy quilted in place.  The only additional fabric that was used is the peice under the yoyo's. 
 
The beading and quilting are hand done.

Comments

Sam said…
love your quilt gallery. I have a little blond niece named Lindsey Elaine Murray. The yo yo quilt is adorable.
Your yo-yo quilt is just so lovely Steph, I am sure your mum wil be thrilled.
Lurline said…
A gorgeous gift for your Mum, Stephanie - the yo-yos are so neat!
Hugs - Lurline♥
Dee said…
Love the story behind this and that all is ending up on a happy note! Healthy, at home hubby, happy mom, hand quilting and beading!

Terrific!
Pokey said…
Really sweet yo-yo mini. Aren't you clever with the creative pieced border? It is really very cute!
Barb said…
Very lovely......
Pat said…
LOVE the added row of beads from when I saw it last week, Steph. And that green you chose will be great for the border. Keep up the good work!!!
Ariane said…
It is beautiful!!!
Jackie said…
Very pretty!! So glad your husband is well now. You really made good use of your time too. I love the beading.
fabricartist21 said…
Adorable yo yo quilt. I guess your husband got well. Please visit my blog as I have posted a new creation. Thanks!!
This is a sweet little quilt. Also a fun use of a charm pack.
Angela said…
I love Yo-Yo's and this is such a great way to display them! Great job!
Micki said…
It is very pretty, and a wonderful use for the yo yos...Your mom is going to be so happy!
Micki

Popular Posts