UFO from 1982

I was helping my mom clean up her sewing room and look what I found...several squares she made in 1987!   There are some stains but in general they are gorgeous.  She gave them to me to "do something with them".  I will just have to finish this sampler quilt for her.  She told me each one she made was to teach her a different technique.  So stay tuned...it will have to wait until later because today I leave for the Ocean City Maryland to our beach condo where I am meeting up with Pat from "A little of this and a little of Pat".  Tomorrow we meet for lunch and a quilt shop adventure.  My mom is going with me and Pat is bring a friend.  We should have some fun girls time together.  I will take my camera with me so I can share our visit with you. 
What do you think?  A gold mine right?  Now you know where I get my talent from.  Thanks MOM!!!!

Comments

Allie said…
What an exciting find!
dobco said…
Oh my goodness! Can't wait to see what you do with all those gorgeous blocks. My mother did some Sun Bonnet Sue's back in the 40's. The stitches dry rotted and I took them all apart and re-did them for my grandaughter. My daughter did the hand quilting on it. So it was a 4th generation pass down.
Loris said…
Very cool find! Are those crabs in the fifth block down? Perfect for Maryland :-)
Micki said…
MY goodness, what a find!
You will have to make a quilt out of that.
Micki
Barb said…
You are so right....a goldmine it is!!!! Love the all...

Have a fun time with Pat....so jealous!!
Pat said…
LOVE those blocks and they truly ARE a gold mine. Can't wait for tomorrow...it will be a fun day...that's for sure!!!
Mikol said…
You've got to love a find like that. Can't wait to see how you put them all together.
Enjoy your day tomorrow, sounds fun.
Brenda Rose said…
Isn't that a wonderful find... knowing that your mum started them all those years ago and now her daughter who loves the same work will try to finish them for her... that is so lovely, well done to you Staphine...

Wishing you a wonderful day...
xhugx Brenda :)
Lucky you...the blocks are all so lovely...
Gene Black said…
Wow, those are terrific. My mom didn't sew at all so I will never find that type of treasure.

Have fun today and tell Pat I sent a big HUG.
Dee said…
How incredibly awesome! I love the colors and you can tell a lot of time, creativity and love went into these blocks!

Thank you for sharing them and their story with us!
Loris said…
That is so cool!!
quiltingnana said…
those are great...it was so good to meet you and go to the quilt shop
Kaye said…
Pat sent me over, I am one of her friends in the Lakeside Ladies. She told me what a great time you had today. I would have loved to have gone, but knees are a bit feisty and the cold winds wreck he-- on my asthma. Maybe next time. Thanks for sharing the story and the pictures of those beautiful blocks. Your Mom is very talented
A true treasure trove! What a great legacy to have and be able to work with. Will love to see it all put together.

Popular Posts