Lunch with blogging friends!

Lunch yesterday with Pat and Kathy went great!  We met in Bethany Beach Delaware at a restaurant called "Cottage Inn" and had a wonderful lunch.  We talked, laughed and enjoyed ourselves! 
From left to right:  Me, my mom Suzanne, Pat (A Little of this a Little of Pat) and Kathy (Creative Urges).  Pat gave me this adorable present.  She knows the author of this gift book and she used her quilt block in the book as you can see.  This is Pat's page, see the little kitty in the window?  Very cute! 
After lunch we headed inland for a visit to a wonderful quilt shop called .....Serendipity in Dagsboro, Delaware.  Pat wanted to show this quilt show to me since I was complaining that there was not a shop near our summer beach house.  She just had to show me and boy am I glad she did!  The ladies at this shop are just wonderful.  They are knowledgeable, helpful and kind.  A very laid back shopping experience.  I was very happy and had to go shopping!  Here is a picture of the ladies and the shop:
Dear Jane A8 Florence Nightengale (the red one above)
Dear Jane A7 Dad's Dots (the yellow one, renamed)
At Serindipity I bought 5 yards of Moda's off white high quality cotton to start my Dear Jane blocks.  I started last night and made two of them by hand.  I am loving this but these are the easy ones!  They get really difficult!  It will be a challenge thats for sure.  Well, we had a great day and I can't wait to do it again sometime soon. 

Comments

Lurline said…
I csn feel the warmth of your get-together - love days like this - now that's a big jouney to undertake - Dear Jane - I am sure you will enjoy it!
Hugs - Lurline♥
Jackie said…
I had read about your visit with Pat on her blog. Sounds like you all had a good time. Wow, you are starting a Dear Jane quilt. I really admire them, but not sure I could take on the task.
Pat said…
I'm so glad we got to meet and that you liked the quilt shop. You can easily get that shop on the way to your beach place OR on the way back....just about a 2-3 mile detour off Rt. 113 when you are heading north on that road!!! If you join a quilt guild in your area and have a guild card to show them, they give a 10% discount on your purchases.....something to think about! (Tell your mom she has time to research that for you....hehehe) Thanks for a fun afternoon....the first of many, I hope.
Sounds like a perfect way to spend the day...two blocks already they look great.
Gene Black said…
Sounds like a perfect day to me too. I love when my friends are friends with my other friends! LOL.
Barb said…
How fun!!!!
Kim said…
A fun filled weekend is off to a great start. I've long admired the Dear Jane blocks, but have yet to find the "strength" to commit to going forward with making them. I'll be happy to admire yours. Happy beach house time!
quiltfool said…
Oh, that looks like so much fun! Glad you enjoyed yourself and great start on the Dear Jane. Lane
Dee said…
Sew glad you had all that fun and lunch and shopping and new friends and the quilt blocks are lovely!

What a blessed and lucky gal you are! Enjoy your time with your mom and be safe!
Angela said…
I just rec'd my Dear Jane book in the mail today! I still have not decided my colors for it yet, tho! Great to find another friend making it! We can encourage each other! :O)
What fun to be able to meet up with quilting friends. Looks like you all had a wonderful time together.
julieQ said…
Sounds like a wonderful time together with friends, and what better place to go than the quilt shop? I am wanting to do a dear Jane too...after I get some of these projects done!
Terriaw said…
That would be so fun to be able to get together with fellow blogging friends. Looks like you all had a great time! And that quilt shop looks heavenly. I just love the new blocks you started making from that Daisy Jane book.

Popular Posts