Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Playing with photoshop


Today I spent all day in my recliner with my laptop.  I watched YouTube tutorial videos about PhotoShop Elements (PSE), played with pictures in PSE and visited a very cool digital scrapping site Cottage Arts Here you can download paper, embellishments and alphabets to help make your photos more personal.  I am going to try to become a more creative poster.  The above picture was made with digital scapbooking paper and numbers from this site. 

The only other thing I did today was watch the birds outside of my kitchen window.  We have three feeders but the birds love the hulled oilers or sunflower seeds best.  Even the house finches and gold finches are munching out on these and avoiding their usual thistle.  Today I saw a Pileated Woodpecker on the suet feeder.  There is no way I could get a photo of it because everytime I moved, it spooked.  Here is a picture of what it looked like.  I just love this bird, it measures about 16 inches tall!
 


9 comments:

Barbara said...

check out twopeasinabucket.com for more digital scrapping stuff. tutorials, and freebies and lots of help if you need it.

Lurline said...

Thanks for the info, Stephanie - will have to wait until Thursday until I get a little time to play!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Pat said...

What great pictures you put here with your newly-gained knowledge. I'm going to look at that link now.

Micki said...

Lovely pic and it looks like you had fun with all of this.
Micki

Loris said...

Cool work! I hope to learn Photoshop some day. Right now I'm learning PowerPoint for a presentation for work...not near as much fun!

Carol said...

Looks like fun. We have a woodpecker that looks almost like that living in our yard for most of the year.
At some point this year I plan on playing with the photos for my blog. I want to learn how to do mosaics and add words.
Hope you are feeling somewhat better from your stay in the hospital and that this week will be a restful one for you.

DeAnna S. said...

Sounds like you had a lovely day, doing exactly what you wanted to do. Thanks for posting the site. I'm always looking around for other photo sites and scrapping sites. Have a great weekend!

Jackie said...

I had no idea that YouTube could help me with Photoshop! It always surprises me with what is there.

Leslie said...

i found you today through Dee's blog where she nominated you for a lemonade stand....i a, enjoying your blog. i love this woodpecker shot. My dream bird. i have only seen one once but i just had a red bellied woodpecker start coming to our feeder this week and i was beside myself!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails