Antique Red Cross Quilt


Found this antique quilt top on ebay for only $35 and it was well worth it.  The quilt top is in good shape but not the quilting.  The quilt is lovely and only has a few stains and is full of beautiful feedsacks.  Since I am without my sewing machine I decided to take this out of the half-done project pile.  Today I spent all day taking old stitching out so I can redo it myself.  I believe this design is called "Red Cross", but if anyone knows differently, please let me know. I am going to machine quilt it because it is too large to quilt by hand. 

Back to the doctors tomorrow to make sure I am recovering fine from my angiogram.  If all goes well, it's back to work Saturday night.  I am NOT looking forward to it.  I still get winded walking up and down the steps.  Probably because my Hct (blood count) went from 41 to 28.  Oh well, I can't stay home forever. 

Comments

Greg said…
Thats a great find!! You can on occasion find a gem on ebay. Good luck at the doctor. I hope you're recovering well.
what a great quilt top and it seems so appropriate right now with everything that's happened in Haiti. Good luck with your checkup. I hope you're feeling better, soon!
Dee said…
Steph, please take it easy! Don't over do it and eat healthy with plenty of rest...

love the quilt...I'm so awed you're taking stitching out and redoing it! what a labor of love!
Loris said…
Your ebay quilt is beautiful! What a fun project!
I hope you feel better soon.
Thanks for your encouraging comments on my blog notes. They mean a lot to me.
quiltfool said…
So glad you got a good deal on ebay. I haven't been having any luck buying anything quilt related there lately. Take care and hope you keep feeling better. Lane
Barb said…
What a wonderful find....and do hope you get a good Dr. report.
Loris said…
Take care, Steph. Hope you build up strength easily. The Red Cross quilt is beautiful. Nice fine!
Loris said…
PS Funny to come across another blogger who has my name too :-)
DeAnna S. said…
Great quilt. What a lucky find. You will be feeling better soon, just take it easy your first night back.
dobco said…
What a great find. I have some quilt blocks that my grandmother made that I need to get together. It is one of the projects I hope to work on this year. Hope you are feeling better soon.
Dee said…
You've been nominated for a Lemonade Stand Award on my blog. Hope you're feeling better!
Micki said…
What a great find! It is a wonderful quilt! Get well soon, and have a speedy recovery.
Micki
julieQ said…
Oooooh, watch that blood count girl! Love your red cross top, that is an amazing find.
Julia said…
What a great find...I have always yearned for an antique quilt, but never come across a great find like this...
Hope you're feeling better.
Julia ♥

Popular Posts