Thursday, September 17, 2009

ABOUT ME!

Hubby Kevin and me
It's about time to show how much I love quilting!  My mom taught me everything I needed to get started with sewing when I was a child, but quilting is my true love.  I enjoy making wall hanging quilts more than anything else.  The few larger quilts I have made are mostly for my kids or myself.  I started sewing in elementary school.  Mom taught me to sew my own clothes.  I remember joining a 4H Club and entering a baby quilt in the county's yearly fair.  That was when I won my first blue ribbon!  Quilting has been a passion ever since.  Over the years I have preferred to hand quilt and hand applique quilts.  I will share with you some of my past quilts along with ones I am currently working on.  I hope to use my blog to document all the hard work, both the successes and the failures!  I may even start selling them if I get enough interest! 


My mom
My mom was my quilting instructor!  She taught me everything she knew about sewing.  Thanks to her, I have a love of sewing.  I lost my mommy summer of 2011 and there isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about her or use something of hers when I sew!  

Updated March 2013:
About me...I have been married to my second husband for 9 years to a wonderful man named Kevin while being a mother to three boys (Jimmy, Paul and Matthew) and a step daughter (Sarah). I have been a Neonatal Intensive Care Nurse at Johns Hopkins Charlotte R. Bloomberg Children's Center for 25 years.  I absolutely love my job!  I am one the luckiest people to love my job...working with little and sickest babies all the time is something I always wanted to do.  To be a nurse at Johns Hopkins, one of the BEST hospitals in the U.S., is an honor.

Me and my boys Thanksgiving 2012

Jimmy

This is our oldest son Jimmy.  He is a student at WVU studying Mechanical Engineering.  He is a junior.  He is all about cars.  He has some of my talent with crafts, take a look at his headliner of his VW GTI that he reupholstered himself:

Jimmy's headliner

Sarah baking

Above is our daughter Sarah (my step daughter), recently graduated from William Peace College in NC with a degree in Forensic Anthropology.   She loves to bake! 

Sarah and her Dad, my hubby Kevin
Is she a clone or what?  

Paul

This is my middle son Paul.  He is a Senior at MICA (Maryland Institute College of Art) graduating May 2013.  He is going to be receiving his Bachelors of Fine Art in Photography and Film.  He wants to be a Photo Journalist.   Take a look at how talented he is....here is his portfolio!  He gets his talent from me as well!  haha


Matt

This is our youngest son Matthew.  He is a Senior in High School.  He is still undecided of what he wants to be when he grows up but I am hard at work at trying to convince him to be a Registered Nurse!  He currently works at Wegman's Grocery Store while waiting to attend college in the Fall.  

 These are the important women in  my life!
My sister, Aunts and cousins

Thanks for checking me out!


4 comments:

Esther said...

Welcome to Quilt Blogging Stephanie!

Vesuviusmama said...

I just made it through your entire blog and I'm enjoying this peek into your life and your quilting. You've got a new follower!

Gene Black said...

You have a lovely family. I would definitely say that Jimmy's hair has a touch of red to it. Ha ha.

Sarah certainly got her dad's good looks. They both have smiles that are warm and genuine.

Queen Jaw Jaw said...

I want to be one of your sisters/cousins. What a happy family you have. Love it! I also love your trash bags for cars. You're so smart!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails