Monday, September 21, 2009

Dorm room quilt


My middle son Paul just went off to college last month.  He is a Freshman at MICA (Maryland Institute College of Art) in Baltimore.  He gets his creativity from me!  He is an amazing photographer and received a Presidential Scholarship to attend.  He wanted a quilt with a brown and green theme.  Here is the quilt I made for him.  Of course, I couldn't resist making a matching pillow.   The pattern was easy.  It is a border around every other square.  The big squares are cut 9.5" x 9.5", the inside squares are cut 7.5" x 7.5" and the brown border that goes around all four sides of the smaller squares were cut as a 1.5" strip.  This quilt is laptop size and when completed turned out to be 36 squares (6 squares wide x 6 squares length) = 54" square....Don't forget to make a few more squares for a throw pillow!

My son Paul
Bachelors of Fine Arts
MICA, Maryland Institute College of Art


6 comments:

Mikol said...

Love the look of the quilt and pillow. Do you know the measurements of the finished quilt? Good luck to your son with school!

Stephanie said...

Mikol, I updated the post to show the sizes! Thanks for reminding to include that! Steph

Karen said...

Excellent dorm quilt! I love the colour combination.

Agapitos said...

Je peux dir que sont tres jolie
Very fine blog and photos
Agapitos from Greece
http://aeromodelling-agapitos.blogspot

Robyn said...

Hi Steph and welcome to blogland!
It is a great quilt indeed. Good luck to your son as he starts a new part of life.

I wanted to say thanks for passing by my blog (I can't email you yet as you're set to no-reply, so here I am).. it was an amazing and yet strange day indeed and it certainly did make the news all over.

Vesuviusmama said...

LOVE green and brown together. What a wonderful quilt!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails